A Dark Souls Thread ft. Bloodborne (2019 unkindled mix)

I had the same dreams, but I ended up bailing a few chalice dungeons before I was due to meet her. Trying to fight Rom The Nobhead Spider in a cell the size of a toilet drove me to despair

3 Likes

I’m stuck on the last boss before getting the final chalice to meet the Queen, it’s just so frustraiting trying to battle Amygdala in a cursed chalice with only 50% of your maximum health. I can get it down to about 1/3 health but invariably I make one mistake and get one-shotted with an instant kill.

1 Like

It’s the only game I’ve platinumed and the only game I ever will probably

3 Likes

Quite fancy another play through of Bloodborne but also not excited at the idea of having to fight Micolash, Host of BBC Breakfast again. Just so tedious

2 Likes

Just to check, you are at least halfway through NG+ right?

Yes - trying to complete my platinum hall on NG+ (I have Forbidden woods to tidy up then I am off to the Nightmare frontier in the main game). I think I might have to do a bit of leveling up to increase my HP some more to try and not get one-shotted.

Ah man I never grow tired of the whole Micolash setup. The dialogue and sadness is so good and I have the route down to a fine art.

yeah but

aawooooooooooooooo

1 Like

Ah cool. I’ve heard of people trying to struggle through the later chalice dungeons before they go to NG+ because they assume their progress will reset like the main game.

ah man the Chalice dungeons ruined that game for me… so monotonous, an hour’s work just for a gem that will increase my AR by 2.5%. I’m not an achievement hunter so I’m not that bothered about finishing them all

Yes! My one and only Platinum trophy finally achieved.

7 Likes

I actually quite enjoyed the chalice dungeons personally. Would stick on a podcast and grind through em. Last ones got really hard though obviously, but I basically became so over-levelled everything became quite easy after finishing it, going to fight the last in game boss afterwards was a piece of piss, must have beat them in about 5 hits.

Would love a Bloodborne 2. LOVE IT.

1 Like

Starting to enjoy 2 a bit more now - have just beaten the lost bastille/sinners rise/belfry Luna area which had a kind of new londo ruins feel. Was fun!

Had a sneak peak and where I should go next…looks like this game’s version of Blightown. Not looking forward tbh.

1 Like

Ah, the Gutter. I hope you like seeing your loot dropping through the floor

:tired_face::tired_face:

It’s not that bad to be fair. At least it’s in 60fps. Just bring a lot of poison moss and an offhand weapon for dealing with a certain environmental hazard

I liked the Gutter! I enjoyed lighting the torches as I went through, got a real sense of exploration and progress.

Started 3 now. Was not impressed to find a boss blocking the way after five minutes. Found him really difficult in melee mode as well, ended up going back and rolling a new pyromancer.

2 Likes

I found the opening boss of ds3 way easier as a melee character than as a mage

I could barely get him to the second stage when I was trying melee, but saw him off in about two goes with my fireballs. This is the first time I’ve used magic in any of these games - what have I been missing all these months!

1 Like

Huh! Good Times! :grinning: