A day in the life of HSBC executive Melania Edwards

it was in a warehouse so I’m still cool

I was looking at the link and thinking, I’m going to get annoyed and want to defend this woman, because getting up at 5.30am to take a little time out of your day before it goes wildly uncontrollable and stressful is perfectly sensible, which is what you have to do when you work in an unpredictable job like this…

but then the hokey juice, the spending an hour to call mates in the early hours of the morning, and the tennis happened, and she still doesn’t even get to work till 9"ish"!

Some walking about seeing tech companies before grabbing an early and long lunch and then a wee snooze on the choochoo to Palo before going home to indulge in some studies that might net her a better job in the longer term.

Sounds like a skoosh so I suspect the very boring and stressful parts of the job have just been totally omitted. Or this is fake news.

1 Like

I got bored of her working day even earlier than I usually get bored of mine.

1 Like

I do as much exercise before work as I do any other time.

2 Likes

I’ll occasionally go for a run before work if I’m wfhing from home. Barely ever do it but its really enjoyable when I force myself out

I always wonder how people like this manage to keep in touch with what makes them human, like do you think CEOs and stuff cry or mess around playing hide and seek with their kids and stuff?

Seems impossible to conceive.

Love to walk around at night and reflect on my key wins.

12 Likes

“I find that the best way to set the tone for the day ahead is a short meditation where I focus on deep breathing and determine my priorities for the day,” she screamed.

Is that a euphemism for pickpocketing?

2 Likes

“English breakfast tea is my favorite, as I am British”

2 Likes

Of course they do.

1 Like

My old boss did a profile not quite like this, and it said she always wanted to be a PE teacher. Which suddenly made a lot of things about her make a lot of sense.

I guess plenty of people who have commited evil deeds are supposed to be charismatic so it must be possible.

Aaaaand this is the point I mute you.

Unless the exercise is the act of getting to work, agreed.

I’ll allow that, warny.

1 Like

It’s almost as if spending your every waking hour at work might be bad for your psychological health.

1 Like

I felt guilty getting a 20p payrise can’t imagine how anyone can value their contribution to society that highly unless they have detached from reality.

↑ sociopath

I’d gladly submit to that, tbh. Would be more useful than most meetings I’m forced to go to.