A dis dream job

No mention of salary but I’d like a cut of it pls if you’re successful.

8 Likes

one for @pervo?

I’ve been doing really well on University Challenge recently

This is the perfect job for me

But then I’d have to move to Manchester…and nobody wants that do they?

I would like to do this. I bet they get a thousand applicants submitting arts/geography questions for every dickhead who writes the stupid chemistry and maths ones

That would be dreadful. No babes allowed.

2 Likes

Why are itv organising university challenge? Deep down the rabbit hole here people.

3 Likes

^cover letter sorted

2 Likes

Maybe that can be the first question you submit

5 Likes

Fairly sure they work from home and part time (I watched an interminably long documentary about UC once)

The question setters on the doc were all boomer academics and eggheads types

Let’s be honest though our questions would all be too fun or indeh and they want questions about dead greeks and chemistry

2 Likes

they already have loooads of those

1 Like

Oh actually it’s remote working, might apply for this

3 Likes

I know this, it says ‘remote working’ on the job ad, I was just making a flirtatious threat to the OP

3 Likes

It started out on ITV and has always been a Granada-produced show (well, until Granada became Lifted a few years back)

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

:angry: :angry: :rage::sob: :sob:

7 Likes

the fact-checking job thread is that way.

SPECULATION IN HERE ONLY

(mastermind is also ITV-ish, filmed there anyway, blew my mind)

This can’t be a full time gig, right?

I’m a keen watcher of UC and was on my college B-team (we did not make it to TV) and reckon I’d be good at this, but I have no working experience with university students or knowledge of their academic disciplines. I could fake it though.

1 Like

I love questions that make teams visibly go “is this what the riff-raff are into?” and I would only submit questions to get that reaction (and also because I’m too much of a drooling simpleton for proper UC questions but I won’t mention that)

1 Like

That’s filmed in Belfast, isn’t it?