A Gaming Thread For 2017

the first xenoblade is such an amazing game. If I was going on just how I felt when I was playing it it would easily be in my top 5 of all time, probably even higher than Zelda.

Too bad I could never get over the TERRIBLE music in xenoblade x and the really genericy setting, quit after the first 5 hours and never went back.

1 Like

oh you’re in for such a treat! What kind of stuff are you into?

Everything really. I don’t have the time to devote to huge, long games so much these days, I tend to find games that involve bastard-hard grinding battles a bit boring, and I don’t have the patience for driving games.

My favourite games are probably Sensible World Of Soccer, Total War, Hired Guns, Settlers, UFO Enemy Unknown, Half Life, Deus Ex, Zelda, Civilization, Grim Fandango etc. That kind of thing.

Haha. “That kind of thing”.

You should get Super Meat Boy on Steam. Utterly fantastic, and great for quick blasts. Use a controller though.

Get Cities: Skylines while you’re there. I get lost in that shit.

try Darkest Dungeon if you get a chance, I imagine it’s often on sale and you could pick it up for around £5, super intense tactical turn-based Lovecraftian dungeon batler/rpg thingie. The game itself is a bit grindy but each session would only take you around 30-45 minutes and it’s very rewarding.

Yeah, Cities: Skylines is on the list.

I defeated the final Crimson Curse boss last night. Thing has 400HP. Got intense as fuck.

1 Like

The boss paid for my meal last night that would’ve cost me £40, so I might treat myself to a game at lunch.

PS4. Any suggestions?

BODY IS TOO SIMILAR TO MY OTHER POST.

1 Like

couldn’t bear the stress of playing once I got to the final area. I 'd like to start again but I’m scared!

what do you like to play steve?

All sorts, within reason. I’m enjoying Nier Automata but I don’t want to power through it. I like WipEout. I want an awesome looking driving game that’s like the original Gran Turismo, but that’ll never exist again.

Quite like running around and exploring shit but can’t be arsed with crafting and all that bollocks. Also don’t think I’d have the patience for something like Bloodborne or Dark Souls.

recently completed every race on the first gran turismo, once I got past the graphics it still holds up, definitely felt less boring and dry than the later ones where it’s super car fetishy.

Try the new Ratchet and Clank reboot, that looks lovely and the old games were loads of fun to smash boxes and upgrade weapons etc.

hitman is great if you like a bit of sneaking about and creatively bodying people

2 Likes

Really need to get back on this. I’ve beaten all the bosses outside the Darkest Dungeon itself in their easiest form. Slightly afraid of going any further.

Have an urge to get back on Elite Dangerous instead though. Haven’t played it since I got my new graphics card and as I recall I’d just about saved up to buy a new ship and kit it out for exploration. Papa needs some new desktop backgrounds.

LAST GUARDIAN !!

‘Quite like running around and exploring shit but can’t be arsed with crafting and all that bollocks’

LLLAASSTTT GGGUUAARRRDIIAANNN!!!

Totally this. The 2016 PC game I would recommend most.

Tell me more, tell me more.

Yeah X was a mixed bag. Looked amazing. Mira was great. Getting s Skell as reward 45 hours in was one of gamings biggest pay offs for me.

Music. Story. Tutorials. Characters. Fighting. All garbage.

aren’t they making another one?

Hope it’s good!