A Gaming Thread For 2017

How much longer you got off? Think you’re about halfway! That’s a pretty amazing level.

I don’t recall that at all?! Weird…

The paeen, yeh cannat imaginn the paaaeeeeeen

Does my nut that this was an entirely fan-made expansion.

Yeah the story is shit in all of them, the first gets away with it more as they don’t go into too much detail. I’m just there for the fun dynamic battles.

First time I’ve ever seen the “servers are too busy. please try later” notification in PUBG. :frowning: i wanna plaaaaaaaaaay

Finished Persona 5. Over a hundred hours. Feel quite sad that it’s over but glad to finally close it out.

Will probably play it again in the next couple of years. It does a lot of stuff that’s just perfect. A shame that some of its gender politics are two steps forward, one step back. It’s a bit confused when it comes to those parts.

Also I’m loving the Persona 5 text app, so glad that exists.

Not sure what to play next but a big RPG is not on the list. Think I’m going to get back into Devil Daggers.

1 Like

cnosidering buying retro city rampage dx for the switch.

someone tell me this is a bad idea

haha just cause 3 is the most repetitive game ever but idgaf cos i get to blow up cool shit constantly. i just paraglided into some dude’s face while raining fire on a favela and blowing up a police station. fucking 11/10 mate. working on flying a plane into a gas silo atm, straight 9/11 shit. god this game is fun.

1 Like

yeah it’s really fun in short bursts if you just don’t give a shit. I used to love listening to crazy jazz music whilst playing that game

ha i see how that would work. i’ve been listening to the war nerd podcast and weird german techno while playing :+1:

gonna try and post a video here if i achieve combat objective codename “divine wind”. :airplane: > :boom:

I think I 100%ed that game on PS4, which is hard to believe considering the framerate was absolute dogshit. Got it on PC again just to see what it was like running at abotu 100fps. Wouldn’t mind going back and dicking around in there again actually

I can do about 6-9 hours a week if I’m off. It’s been slow progress…

i’ve only ever 100%ed arkham asylum. was seriously addicted to that game, got a bit worrying.

yeah I should play that, I heard good things

2 Likes

would definitely recommend, tremendously well designed world and gameplay mechanics

1 Like

Asylum > > Origins > City

In my view. Not played Knight.

2 Likes

This might not be the consensus but it is imo the correct view. Sadly you can add a few >>>s before adding Knight on at the end.

1 Like

I played City for a bit (10 or so hours) felt like I was maybe 1/3rd of the way through but I got bored because I wanted to do all the riddler puzzles and there were too many and they were shit.

1 Like

If you get time you should give Asylum a go. A much more tight Metroidvania style map, a plot that isn’t just throwing every villain into a pot and hoping for the best and some actually good riddler challenges. It’s one of the few games I got on 100% as well because I was compelled to get all of them.

The boss fights are shit but apart from that it’s a genuine classic.

1 Like

mmm yeah I’m going through a “retro” phase at the moment so I suppose this could qualify now, bet it’s nearly 10 years old!