A Gaming Thread For 2017

I didn’t play Farenheit the first time but I downloaded it recently. Some really frustrating design and a silly-ass story, but it’s certainly interesting! Like most of his games really!

1 Like

Anyone else given Mirror’s Edge Catalyst a try?

I’m a few hours in and really struggling with it. The world has no tangible backstory, and though initially great to look at, there’s no depth to the environment. Not much depth to the running and jumping either, it feels more basic than the first game was. Throw in a really dull story and a bolted-on-for-no-purpose skill tree and I’m quite disappointed by this.

Picked this up on xbone a while back. Hated it.

was xbone exclusive for about a month

Awww, that’s a shame. I was gonna pick it because it was cheap. The story in the first one was grade-A guff anyway, but the traversal puzzles were sublime. Another one that shouldn’t of gone open-world.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Perfectly fine.

I mean it’s got a lot more spectators on a global level than most other sports in the lympics

1 Like

Hard to see this as being any less legit than, say, shooting or archery. Or horse-dancing. Or any swimming other than freestyle.

I guess my main questions are,

couldn’t this have been done in time for Tokyo?
which game… or how many games?
Is there national teams already? Or will these need to be setup?
Isn’t this advertising for whichever games company owns the games they choose?
If they announce it too far in advance won’t everyone be playing another game by the time the games come round?

Going to be a demonstration event in 2018
Probably one of the 2 major MOBA’s unless their popularity has sharply declined
The national teams will need to be set up
Probably but no different to whatever equipment is being used in any other sport I suppose.
Leauge Of Legends/Dota 2/CS Go have had scenes that have lasted 6 - 7 years and counting.

ROCKET LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGUE

1 Like

But I reckon it’ll be like any other sport with multi displinaries, will probably be a few major games involved.

So far based on what we have you’re probably lookin at Leauge Of Legends, DOTA 2, CS:GO, Fifa, Call Of Duty and Rocket Leauge

One more, Is this something team GB could ‘medal’ in?

Bejewelled, Tetris and bomberman.

2 Likes

Nah, we’re traditionally among the worst Europeans at the e-sports and Europe is traditionally the worst region for the e-sports.

Aw nuts :frowning:

Played That Dragon, Cancer yesterday. Amazing stuff… though incredibly tragic and harrowing. I started crying about two minutes in and didn’t really stop.

Feels really daft to go from that to Hellblade (how is that name not already taken?), but I think that’s what I’ll do. The stuff I’ve heard about the audio sounds incredible

You say that but if they introduce a Nidhogg category I’m GOING FOR GOLD!!*

*presuming my optimum 4 beers and a curry preparation isn’t considered doping.

2 Likes