A Gaming Thread For 2017

£15

Are you actually shitting me?

It might be £15.99 soooo £16

13 Likes

let me know if this is any good, might pick it up tomorrow!

If you like the Genesis sonic games then you’ll love it.

2 Likes

I do…I mean I did…I think I still do? Probably worth a shot

1 Like

(etc)

2 Likes

Incidentally, although I haven’t played Mania yet, I’ve got just one disappointment; the invincibility music is the wrong cue as far as I’m concerned. Not sure which game they’ve taken it from, but the Sonic 1/Sonic 2 one will always be the one that feels right to me.

1 Like

I’d pay 15 quid for it if it was just a dozen acts all set in Green Hill Zone.

Do do, do do, do do, do do dooooo (dum dum dum dum dum dum)
Do do do, Do do do, do doooooo (de de de de, de de de de)

3 Likes

Just finished Inside. Fuck. Wow.

that bit where it goes full on Akira… Jfc.

The setting feels too close to Theresa May’s vision for Britain in 2027 for comfort.

Bloody brilliant game. Not hugely different to limbo but then limbo was a corker so…

5 Likes

man I wish I hadn’t taken it off soundcloud to save space :frowning:

Maybe someone on here still has it.

gonna have a quick look upstairs in case I burned a CD now, I’m curious!

Put it on the big screen didn’t I.

3 Likes

I won’t have time to play Sonic Mania tonight as I only just got home, but looking forward to playing it tomorrow. got the Collector’s Edition like an extremely cool person/mug, quite pleased that I now have a) a ring so can only be killed by drowning, crushing and falling into a bottomless pit and b) a statue of Sonic standing on a Mega Drive that plays the Sega chant when you press a button :smile:

1 Like

Because I’m a proper twat I spend this afternoon listening to Sonic music, and tonight I worked out the Desert Palace bass part.

Fucking tune, m8s.

Should really have spent more time working out how to play that first bit better. Fuck it.

5 Likes

it’s gone forever :frowning:

Formula seems to be first Act of each level; a best of cobbled from previous games. Second Act; new ideas and longer levels.

Mini games between levels and bosses seem different to me too.

Only done two levels and died as I only ever liked watching Sonic speed through levels stupidly fast. As a platformer played slower, I’d always prefer Mario or Donkey Kong.

1 Like