A Gaming Thread For 2017

1 Like

What the living fuck is this shovel knight nonsense?

Downloaded it on my switch mainly thanks to this thread…

All going fine until it comes to jumping on the fucking bubbles. Arrghhhh!

There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to when you successfully jump on them and when you don’t. I’ve been on the second checkpoint of the first level for half an hour and I’m feeling gaming frustration like I never felt competing all the souls games. Grrrrrr.

What am I doing wrong?

Ok I’ve got the wrong end of the stick… Sorted the controls now!

As you were…

1 Like

was just about to tell you to hold down when in the air…

1 Like

I thought you had to press the dig button too. It would seem not…

Good
Now shut up and enjoy yourself, and thank us.

4 Likes

That fucking first Hydrocity act is a bit unforgiving with the old air isn’t it?

Just you Wait until you get to the 2nd act boss battle. Incidently the first act boss battle is a really cool nod to the original hydrocity.

1 Like

Done, I’ve just left it after act 1 of whatever came after Oil Ocean because I don’t want to smash through it too soon.

The bosses are a bit hit and miss difficulty wise. Found some quite hard then the next really easy.

I loved Sonic as a kid. But Sonic Mania is way better than Sonic actually was, isn’t it?

1 Like

It’s like a love letter to Sonic games.

1 Like

So, the Jackbox Party games. Any good? Worth getting?

sorry if I’m late to the discussion guys but:

• Mario
  • Sonic
  • Ape Escape

0 voters

I’ve always assumed it would look/sound/play the way I remember Sonic in my mind rather than Sonic as it actually was.

YES YES YES YES YES

Best party games ever

1 Like

Very much yes. Worth it just for Drawful.

1 Like

That’s a pretty perfect description tbh

Matterfall looks right up my street. Might get it next Friday (pay day, last day of this job, will have played Sonic to death).

I played drawful with my family last Christmas and we were never a Christmas board games family so it felt like we were all getting together for board games in a nice way but in the future. id never played a computer game with my mum before so that was nice too

My mum wanted to watch The Crown, so I’ve showed her how to use Netflix. Only way of watching it downstairs is to use the PS3, and it’s hilarious/eye-opening watching her trying to negotiate a controller. She asked me how to skip back a bit and I said “just move the left stick to the right”. The look of terror…