A Gaming Thread For 2017

I always used to trade in games and sell the old console when a new generation became affordable. I just wouldn’t have had the cash to keep up the hobby otherwise. Kinda wish I hadn’t - if I still had my SNES with Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, Shadowrun, Soul Blazer et al it’d be worth a bundle.

Steam is much better for space but I do miss physical copies. You just don’t feel the same connection with a big list of games.

1 Like

I guess i’m a pretty casual steam user but i only buy games i wanna play and then play em. Dont understand how so many people end up with massive lists of unplayed games which seems to be pretty common.

1 Like
1 Like

Frontier (Planet Coaster, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Elite Dangerous) have been tasked with a Jurassic Park game,.

It looks pretty cool

1 Like

I wouldn’t normally get excited over this but frontier are at the helm and they so damn fine park Sims.

The old style Steam sales when it was all, “80% off this game FOR THE NEXT HOUR ONLY!” led to many a rash purchase. That and a whole bunch of Humble Bundles soon add up to a big old list of regrets.

2 Likes

Played The Room and half of The Room 2 (on PC) with the TV this weekend. Very satisfying games. Beautiful graphics and sound too.

1 Like

Started Bloodborne again. quite underlevelled for Ng+ so it’s v tough again this time around.

2 Likes

Jumped back into my current NG run yesterday after a few weeks off. I was in the Unseen Fucking City. Probably the least satisfying area of the game…

It’s so horrible there. What’s your fave area? Upper cathedral ward for me. Absolutely terrifying.

Hunter’s Nightmare just edges it for various reasons.

• The visual aesthetic, particularly the area which is a river of blood and the re-imagining/history of bits of Central Yharnam.
  • Hunter fights are great fun, and the beast cutter is so satisfying to fight against and then with.
  • The NPC fights
  • Ludwig’s arena (and the fight itself which is just on the right side of being too fucking hard) (and that ‘hollow’ grasping at the gate outside)

From the main game I’m torn between UCW and Cainhurst.

FFS thought I’d play some lunchtime rocket league. Some dweeb from the kickoff starts scoring own goals and explains they want to decrease their ranking to play against worse ‘enemies’. I leave the match and now I’m banned for 15 mins.

Report that shit.

Natch. Unsporting behaviour. I wonder who, if anyone, reviews that stuff.

Hack it mate. It’s a piece of piss.

To play Roms?

Does it play Gamecube roms too?

finished Spec Ops The Line in a sitting on Saturday. Shite.

With the Nintendont app it sure does. And because it has GC hardware its perfect emulation. Also I lots of other emulators on mine Nes/Snes/Megadrive/MAME/ even a PS1 one.

that game has cost an absolute bomb since 2002ish

Never even heard of it. Is it any good? And what happened in 2002ish to increase its value?