A Gaming Thread For 2017

bow bow bow der ler der ler

1 Like

New sonic??

Rocket league just on practice mode??

I would say a lego game but I got one for the gf and she couldn’t get past the first screen :expressionless:

1 Like

And she is NOT 2 years old.

1 Like

I dont think any of the games will suitable for a 2year old sadly. Im trying to think of a game that is basically an interactive screensaver but keep on drawing blanks.

Hohokum!

1 Like

Thats the game. It’s abstract as fuck but you make progress by basically moving around and bumping into things. Its colourful and completely childfriendly

1 Like

you got it!

Yeah I can’t argue with that. Rock Paper Shotgun said it was game changing enough to have been called XCOM 3 without any complaints but it is still an expansion at the end of the day.

Really quite peeved that XCom 3 and Sonic Mania are being released on PC at the same time.

I’ve really enjoyed Prey, but I’m glad I seem to be approaching the end (even though some of it is currently rock-hard bc I’m playing on hard mode and there’s all-powerful wrong 'uns wreaking havoc all over the place). I think they went a bit overkill with the side missions towards the end: there are Alien: Isolation levels of stretching it out going on with NPCs asking you in this time of mortal peril to go to the other side of the massive space station “because I left a packet of Duracell AAs at their workstation and yes I know that Dr. Igwe has a whole drawer full of Energizers but I’ve been loyal to the brand for this long and I’ve always prided myself on the integrity of my ethics and I just think that if we survive this I wouldn’t be able to live with the cognitive dissonance or something or whatever”

that’s not an actual side mission btw

2 Likes

I downloaded a demo of Lego Batman, but he just kept getting stuck and frustrated. Sonic could be a good shout, I think he’s probably a bit young to be playing on a console tbf but at least it’s something he could watch.

This looks great, cheers!

1 Like

My youngest loves it!

You can get Proteus on PS4 I think - that’s just a pleasant walk in a colourful 3D world making sounds when you walk into things. It’s really lovely and might be a good way for him to get used to moving around in first person without any obstacles to frustrate him, though I guess he might get bored with the lack of actual things to do? If it’s cheap it might be worth a punt anyways.

2 Likes

<3 Proteus

Also I dunno it’s like a lot of toys for the younger lot. Bright thing makes noise if u touch it/go near it

I started my daughter with some Mario games. Just basic movement and kids that she get bored after 10 minutes anyhow. Just Dance type motion control games are hits with kids too. And basic ones like Bomberman and Mario Chase. Often prefers to just sit and watch me riding a horse in Zelda i find.

PS4… Tricky to know what would work? Is Sonic Racing Transformed on PS4? Good Mario Kart esque game. Minecraft or Lego maybe? Journey?

1 Like

Had a go on my mates PS VR headset today. Brief foray into RE VII but I was too scared so played Farpoint for a bit. Seemed insanely atmospheric and I really enjoyed it but felt so, so sick 10 minutes in i had to stop. My mate plays it for 4 hours straight. No idea how.

keep thinking about trying it but then i remember this

7 Likes

Bought WWE2K17 in the PS4 sale and I think I’ve faced Baron Corbin 15+ times in NXT in MyCareer. I was a bit crap at first so we were trading wins but now I’m beating him consistently.

Anyone got any tips to move towards challenging for the title/moving to the main roster? I’m starting to feel as if I may have wasted £20.

Apparently Target have leaked that Bethesda are producing a Game Of Thrones game