A Gaming Thread For 2017

I really should go back and finish that off, stopped for some reason about what I’d assume is half to two thirds of the way through, was enjoying it though.

pretty sure I was fucked ammo wise though, so probably going to have a bad time in the next area I was going to.

Cuphead has already gone platinum (sold 1,000,000 copies), this makes me happy.

Shame it’s unlikely to make an appearance on the Switch :pensive:

If you have any sort of PC it should run fine, it’ll run on pretty much anything apparently :slight_smile:

Windows barely runs on my PC

2 Likes

I feel like this is going to happen to me; panicking a good aim does not make. I’m quite enjoying it so far (though I’m still in the introductory stages, I believe - just had the boss fight in the garage) and I’m getting a very slight Realms of the Haunting vibe from the first-person exploration crossed with the occasional adventure game-y feel.

I very much doubt it was an influence (probably PT / Gone Home / a litany of modern horror games, etc.), but my sibling will be delighted.

As I have a day off tomorrow and I didn’t really feel like watching a film before bed, I’m about to find out if it’s a good idea to play this before bed.

Hopefully won’t have nightmares about whatever those weird enemies I encountered are.

1 Like

Really big on playing racing games atm, but with the sound down so I can listen to podcasts/music at the same time. Chills me right out.

Currently on Mantis Burn Racing or whatever it’s called. Decent wee top-down racer, and I’m good at it which is a rarity. Frustratingly, I’m going to smash all the trophies but two, which are online-based. No one is EVER online. So those trophies are essentially shut off to me. Annoying, as I do get a weird satisfaction from getting platinums, even when it’s for stuff like Game of Thrones which is just 8 hours of pressing x.

How hard is the Crash Trilogy re-release? I finished Sonic Mania last week and whilst I loved it, it really shocked me how tough I found it, and it got annoying towards the end when it was taking dozens of attempts to get through levels.

1 Like

i’m in a bit of a racing game phase at the moment, just finished a session on F1 2017 (have all but one assist switched off now, race was wet, retired after hitting the wall 4 laps in), have Project Cars 2 (got annoyed with the amount and stupidity of the bugs so haven’t played it much) and quite tempted to get Gran Turismo Sport when it comes out, played the beta and demo and quite liked both. nearly bought Wipeout the other day too because it’s half price on the store. don’t think i need 4 racing games :smiley:

I got Wipeout too, hadn’t played it since 1998. Enjoying it, but it’s a bit too fast-paced for me, I can’t process it.

I’m still addicted to Rocket League. Goodness knows how many hours I’ve poured into it now. Don’t seem to be capable of getting bored.

2 Likes

Rocket League has come alive for me this year, especially like the hockey and crazy weapons modes.

I finally got Horizon Zero Dawn Sunk maybe 3 or 4 hours into it over the weekend and it seems pretty good so far - I like that sort of implementation of stealth mechanics, were it is more a precursor for unleashing chaos rather than a Dishonored/Deus Ex either/or style where breaking stealth is explicitly ‘bad’.

World looks beautiful and robot dinosaurs looks like it’s everything I would want it to be. Only minor complaints are the lack of Souls-style enemy lock-on to make melee more fluid, and the fact that the Aloy’s voice is Chloe from Life is Strange (who I loved, but it’s weirdly immersion-breaking).

Anyone have any experience of refunds from PlayStation Store? I paid for MGS at the start of September but my terrible internet means I’ve downloaded about 6GB of the 32GB(?) that are required for the game.

If I could, I’d like to start playing before 2018… I’d just use the refund for a physical copy of MGS.

1 Like

The like is for this specific section.

2 Likes

So Bethesda responded to criticisms of being insensitive to the alt-right

17 Likes

If you’re on GT then hit me up on PSN jontosh2001

Just finished Inside. Good little game.

The closing stages were umm…unusual.

1 Like

I finally got round to playing it a couple of weeks back. I’d manage to avoid all info on the later elements of the game, very odd indeed.

GT Sport is really really good guys

PC nerds: you can get a Steam link for £15 delivered today in the ICEY bundle. And I’m probably going to return the game once the box is delivered to get £6 of that back.