A Gaming Thread For 2017

I’d say it’s like very short bursts of streets of rage with hero collection and upgrading etc. Worth a pop!

1 Like

I picked up Darkest Dungeon for my vita. It’s so fucking hard. To be honest, the menu systems are confusing enough. Great combat system though from what I’ve seen.

Only reason to place Destiny 2 over Warframe is the combat loop. Since I put it down I’ve not missed it at all.

I’ve not read your spoilers yet, but it’s fucking glorious

This is a spiritual successor to P.T. I don’t like horror games even though I love horror films. Think it’s because I’m more immersed in a game and so I get scared more than if I was watching it as a film. Anyway, this looks fucking horrifying. Will probably just watch a playthrough when it’s released tbh. Safer!

ha

How recently was it that Kinect was compulsory? Only four or five years wasn’t it?

Yeah around 4 years ago when the One first launched

Re PS4 games - do you still buy physical games or download from PSN?

I’ve been only getting physical copies for years but thinking I should really just download them, mainly because I don’t really play the game again when finished, and I’m lazy about trading the games in

I agree but my internet is so slow that I would rather pay a bit more and have a game I can play than pay for a download which might genuinely take months.

MGS works but I’m still at least 36 hours away from a full game.

It was packed into the one until late 2014 I think. The one turns 4 this xmas

Back on Horizon: ZD. Just took down a Thunderjaw (robot T-Rex) after three attempts. Easily one of the most fun, frantically sloppy (in a good way), thrilling fights I’ve had this gen. Is there a way to share screenshots online? I’ve taken some bloody lovely pictures of the world I want y’all to see.

3 Likes

Getting started on this. Mainly really enjoying it - although feeling an element of open-world fatigue with fetch quests. Are they generally any good (good = New Vegas or Witcher) or should I stick to the main quests and hunting robot dinosaurs?

I’ve been playing it a little bit.

The basic gameplay loop is quite fun but I’m not too sure what I’m working towards? I tried watching some beginner’s guides on YouTube but they’re all 35 minutes long because god forbid anyone create any written content that you can look through for relevant things any more.

Anyway I got a new gun and it’s good.

Hmmm…they’re nowhere near the variety, depth and quality of The Witcher (my God, you could make entire games out of those side quests!). But…they’re serviceable. They’re mainly an excuse the developers use to force you out into the world, but the journeying around is (mostly) worth it. Generally the Cauldron levels are fun and end with entertaining boss fights, but there’s nothing especially deep about them.

^That all sounds like it’s a really mediocre game but honestly it isn’t. The combat, the world (oh, God, what a lush looking game!), the different tribes and the main story definitely keeps me coming back; it’s not especially original but the backstory is really intriguing, how humanity fell to this point, etc, and Aloy herself is a great character, makes you want to know what’s gonna happen to her next.

Oh and hacking a sabre tooth tigerbot and making it fight a gigantic ostrich robot while you snap some choice pics never, ever, ever gets boring.

3 Likes

To unlock and try everything out is the goal I’ve been working on. Currently my favourite weapons are the Hek and Soma prime. I’m breeding myself a new doggo at the moment.

Is there no written guides? I’m surprised!

There probably are tbh but the easiest ones to find were YouTube ones that I gave up on pretty quickly.

Anyone else excited for Gameday 2017 tomorrow? Mario + Wolfenstein getting ridiculously strong reviews and Assasins Creed is proving to be no slouch either.

HAPPY GAME DAY 2017 people

Oh… and I guess a new Bubsy game as well for the children who didn’t behave themsleves

Bubsy! Remember realising even as an 8 year old (when all video games are amazing) that Bubsy 3D was an abject failure in game design

First time I’ve been interested in an AC game since the second one.

Wolfenstein seems pretty tip top.

Some of the side quests do feed into the endgame, and if you’re a trophy whore you’ll need them. I did them all, just because I loved being in that world so much. Not long till the expansion, reckon I will dust off the main game again to get ready.