A Gaming Thread For 2017

:joy:

1 Like

I keep evading him when the option comes up so have no good weapons too. Going well

I really like Veronica, going to do that next. Never played 6 so going to co-op that with the TV. Apparently co-op is good for 6?!

RANKING

Resi 2
Resi 4
Resi 1 (remake)
Code Veronica
Resi 7
Resi 1 original
Resi 3
Resi revolutions 1
Resi 0
Resi 5

Not yet played

Resi 6
Resi revolutions 2

1 Like

RE 4 > *

That fucking REmake is one of the scariest games there is

5 Likes

yeah, the realisation that you have to burn all the bodies

5 Likes

It’s absolutely horrendous. That whole new outside / cabin section too :cry:

3 Likes

i’d go for something like:

4 > 2 > REmake > 7 > Code Veronica > 1 > 3 > 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6

tbh i haven’t played Code Veronica or the original version of 1 for a while, and 5 was pretty fun in co-op. 6 is absolute bobbins though, completed Leon’s scenario and thought it was rubbish, did a bit of Chris’s and that was worse, didn’t bother with the other jerk. never played either of the Revelationses.

why do people like resident evil 4 so much? Tried it on the wii and it seemed pretty boring, with bad arcadey shooting and no zombies.

not sure i ever played code veronica, might give it a bash

edit:
is it on playstation store?

going by Scott’s post above it’s definitely available for the PS3, dunno about PS4. they seem to rerelease most of the RE games for pretty much every console though so wouldn’t be surprised if it was on there.

i remember liking it a lot when i got it for the PS2, no idea if it holds up but definitely preferred it to 3, which i still don’t really like that much

yeah 3 was just a total cash in really wasn’t it

1 Like

iirc Code Veronica was supposed to be 3 and 3 was supposed to be a side game/spinoff/whatever, but Sony had an agreement that they’d get a numbered entry, so they swapped them round.

i liked the idea of Nemesis, and seeing different bits of Raccoon City or the same bits at different times was neat, but it didn’t really do anything new or add anything to the series.

yeah it felt like a very much tacked on side game to RE2. the RE2 B game already had a kind of nemesis type bloke that followed you around.

huh, didn’t know that though. will give veronica a bash.

right DiS, i have no idea what xbox game to buy next week - I’m gonna be back in my flat with time to kill so wanna treat myself. I basically really love games with guns.

can’t decide between CoD WW2 or Wolfenstein. I used to absolutely love CoD but hated Advanced Warfare when it basically became GoW and didn’t even bother with Infinite Warfare. however Wolfenstein looks fucking amazing BUT I had The Old Blood and if I’m honest, it was really fucking difficult and kind of lost its fun.

anyone got any compelling arguments either way? when do CoD reviews come out?

• Wolfenstein
  • CoD WW2
  • Stupid answer about a boring Nintendo RPG

0 voters

also very tempted to buy Titanfall 2 (less than £20 from CEX) - will anyone be playing online anymore? or maybe Destiny 2 as it seems to be like £30… what’s the deal with the ‘always online’ shit? is this basically Halo? I do fucking love halo.

let’s have a FPS chat DiS come on.

Wolfenstein is one of the few FPS games that has vaguely tempted me to get it, always hear good things about it.

generally I avoid them as I’m total shit and get frustrated, only ever bothered with the Bioshocks, Half Lifes and GoldenEye, and only completed a couple of them. I know that all the multiplayer stuff is a terrible idea for me, would end with me dying a million times and breaking a million controllers.

Stupid answer about a boring Nintendo RPG, obviously, but if it’s between CoD and Wolfenstein, then the latter every time.

wolfenstein not having a multiplayer is a pretty big negative for me if i’m honest - it means i can’t really dip in and out for the foreseeable future (if i even ever complete the main story that is…)

but maybe i just have to buy titanfall/destiny on the cheap to counteract that…

do like an FPS. My go to has been BF1 over the past year, but kind of getting bored of that now. might get overwatch soon.