A Gaming Thread For 2017

not played the new wolfenstein yet but the reviews I’ve read have mentioned that it’s quite difficult, so if that was your issue with the last one then probs give it a miss

i picked up BF1 in CEX not long ago, single player was a lot of fun, coming to it nearly a year late meant i was routinely merked my teenagers online though

1 Like

Whats this new LA Noire, is it just the old.game but nicer looking?

Wolfenstien, stick that sucker on easy mode… it’s honestly more fun that way IMHO. It’s a power fantasy rather than a challenge and a really fucking good one involving duel wielding shotguns and shooting said shot gun in nazis face. If you feel you want a challenge you can always crank up the difficulty.

1 Like

I think there’s new bullshit collectibles and that

Might not bother

anyone else play last of us on hard mode first time round? found the normal settings a bit too easy, but now keep getting stuck on shitty checkpoints meaning I have to play and die about 10 times before I figure out how to take out either a platoon of bad guys or 20 clickers, armed with a teddy bear and a pair of scissors.

i actually like it, but I’m really stuck on one part (when Joel and Sam are separated from Henry and Ellie in the sewers next to the beach) and its driving me a bit loco :upside_down_face:

I’m playing wolfenstein right now. On the second to last area I think. It’s brilliant. And very funny and humane at times. Despite the gratuitous gore.

1 Like

Yes

I don’t remember what difficulty I played it on, but that sounds like my experience on that game, so many restarts

I think I’d be up for replaying it again, but I’ll wait for the sales or whatnot.

kind of. the area reminds me of a laser quest venue for some reason. its immediately after the trap door comes down and you’re with Henry rather than Ellie, (who does fucking nothing aside from hide in the corner) and there’s something like 10-15 stalkers and 3 or 4 clickers between you and the exit ARGH. So low on ammo too, but I love the desperate resource management aspect of this game. reminds me so much of re4.

1 Like

:smiley: i’m actually at a point now where the first half of the battle of basically scripted. wait for the two clickers to start their charge, can pop each one off with one shot each from the sawn off. its basically the stalkers that I’m having trouble killing due to the lack of light in the area and because they don’t seem to have predictable paths that they follow.

might post a compilation video of my inevitable 20 or so failed attempts at this later on, but thanks for the tips :smiley:

btw, I totally get the hype for this game. can’t believe I waited this long to play it given i’m the world’s biggest RE4 fan. Haven’t been as creeped out in a game before either - the bit where you fall down the elevator shaft to the hotel basement and have to make it out scared the shit of me.

4 Likes

I’m still playing original Dark Souls.

2 Likes

Just finished Wolfenstein 2. Mint game

all this The Last of Us chat is really making me want to replay The Last of Us.

2 Likes

I did recently. It’s borderline perfection.

2 Likes

I have a confession to make… I still don’t get the witcher 3. I’m beginning to think there must be something wrong with me, I just don’t get it. Rpg is my fave genre and I’ve been so happy playing skyrim and ds etc but… I cannot see what the fuss is about this game. Trying again to get into it today cos my friend begged me to give it another go and all you lot rave about it but I’m just not feeling it at all

It took a while for it to click for me and then when it did I loved it.

3 Likes