A Gaming Thread For 2017

Your experience of this game makes me want it.

I have MGSV and HZD to finish before I take another huge monster on though…

you are the sort of person who:

• does (some of at least) the tutorials, reads the manual, controls etc.
  • fuck it, dive straight in

0 voters

reminds me of the Behold the Kickmen warning screen

(I did the tutorial and still didn’t really know what I was doing)

7 Likes

Moving in with the missus’ in May and I’m desperately looking for solutions to keep my gaming habit going. Switch is one, the other is this…

Anyone tried streaming games over wifi locally? I’ve done it on my vita and it wasn’t great.

Reinforces my belief that that game was concentrated passive-aggression given a quick coat of whimsy.

That doesn’t seem super comfortable. I used a steam link once and it was fine

1 Like

The reviews I found said it took some getting used to.

Witcher 3 (I am… some of the way through. Literally couldn’t tell you if there’s 10 or 1000 hours left.)
Persona 5
GTA V
Nier Automata
Abzu
Unravel

I also got a Switch for xmas :sweat_smile:

realistically might buy Zelda and then say no more games until this lot are done. which might be in 2020

2 Likes

I’ve ended up doing loads of shit like this. In the fashion show mission I spent ages working out the perfect kill for a guy whose jacket I wanted (for a disguise, not just for style reasons). As soon as I killed him I was so happy with myself I took his body and dumped it in a river, forgetting to take his jacket before I did so.

Another unnecessary murder (possibly kids orphaned, who knows) committed by 47.

2 Likes

I do remote play from my ps4 to my laptop a lot. Max resolution is 720p with a standard ps4 unfortunately, but the streaming is fine if everything’s over ethernet.

I also use remote play on the vita quite a lot, it’s fine if you’re in the same room and do a p2p connection with the ps4.

I’ve got a vita but I don’t like the controls, maybe I should just pick up one of those cradles that give you proper triggers.

Yeah, there are only certain games you can get away with without proper shoulder buttons. Tend to just use it for jrpgs and indie stuff. Did manage to play a fair amount of Bloodborne on it.

1 Like

Played the two new maps for Battlefield 1. They’re ok but nothing special. There’s nothing like being shelled by a destroyer from across the map, I guess.

Contemplating starting Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

witcher 3 is a great winter game

2 Likes

Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider again. And Doom. And still need to finish BOTW, and Dragon Quest 8. And I bought Nioh. And Hellblade.

I will finish them all though. I hate not finishing games I like.

1 Like

Is it hard? I binned off Dark Souls III as I don’t have the time to waste redoing it over and over

Wouldn’t mind giving Dragon Quest 8 a replay. Loved that game when it came out on the PS2.

1 Like

My backlog is, as ever, obscene. Got quite a few short-ish single player experiences in there though so I’m going to make an effort in 2018 to go through the likes of To The Moon, Thirty Flights of Loving, Jazzpunk etc rather than just grinding the time away on Destiny 2 or PES master league.

Got Hollow Knight, The Talos Principle and, as ever, Witcher 3 on the go currently. Once I’ve polished those off I wanna get through Soma, Black Mesa and (finally) the DSIII DLC. Also I’d like to spend more time with Elite and Rocket League and get back into Overwatch.

But then on the other hand I’m probably gonna buy Slime Rancher in the sale. Gonna ranch me some slimes.

Nowhere near as hard, and you can tone the difficulty right down and just play it for the story and the exploration if you like. I play it on medium and it’s still not too difficult, the combat system and learning curve is fairly approachable

2 Likes

Thank you very much