A Gaming Thread For 2017

HERE WE GO

(someone call in sick for me tomorrow pls)

Fucking hell.

1 Like

But we’ve only been banging on about it between ourselves for a week, so we have at least 4 years in the bag to get as tiresome…

Xx

1 Like

god reading that makes me wish every “gamer” would fucking die.

Watched a stream of Mass Effect

Dialogue :toilet:
Voice Acting :toilet:
Animations :toilet:
Being the elusive ‘Pathfinder’ super human that needs to save the universe because of prophecy or some shit like that :toilet:
Gameplay seemed pretty good, but the wrtiting felt like a Sci Fi original, and a bad one at that, not sure I’m going to buy it at launch now.

Back at witcher 3, really savouring blood and wine DLC. will be genuinely sad to finish it. i’ve been playing off and on since october 2015, so i actually feel like i’ve been on a journey with geralt over the last 18 months or whatever. i go away for a few months and i come back. i think it’s my favourite game of this gen, just edging out ‘inside’, but it’s such a time sink. love losing myself in the world, exploring the environment and etc. genuinely awesome gaming experience. really looking forward to projekt red’s next game, cyberpunk 2077:

3 Likes

I’m waiting to finish Far Harbour before I start Blood and Wine but I can’t wait.

1 Like

It’s great. Toussant is so well designed, the atmosphere is great and the humour that was always there in the witcher is brought more to the front. You’ll have a blast.

1 Like

Thing is, if I remember right John Walker was a big fan of the previous Mass Effect games. And all the comments he has line up with what’s been coming out of the footage shown so far.

In any case, let this thread know what you make of it! Certainly seems like it’s going to be divisive…

am a huge ME fan as u kno but i’m already thinking “i’ll wait til it’s 50% off” this time :sob:

I still fully expect you to buy the mass effect loot crate, pre-order the special edition and larp as Shepperd within the next week.

2 Likes

U DONT KNO ME. curls up in £60 ME hoodie and sobs like a baby

2 Likes

Still trying to experience as much as possible before moving on to the first DLC. Hearts of Stone adds this huge area to the north east which I’ve been Roaching around, at least until I found a village overrun by giant spiders so overlevelled they just appeared a red skulls to me. So now I’m back to Windwakering around Skellige. There’s an island with a disappearing tower!

1 Like

Just booting up half life for the first time ever

Had to give up coz it was making me motion sick after 10 minutes

:frowning:
Top 10 of all time for me is half-life. In spite of the last quarter being :toilet:

Just aint cut out for FPS :frowning2:

:pray:

1 Like

Alright, first couple of hours in.

All the people nitpicking about the animations: it’s a fair cop, but I don’t really care. Doesn’t bother me.

The dialogue has been very weak. Especially the incidental dialogue - the tone is more Gears of War than Mass Effect. Hoping to kill off my first squadmate ASAP, if that becomes an option.

The UI is fine, I don’t know why people are complaining.

The combat and explorey stuff is decent.

Overall, I’m annoyed that I’m not going to get to play more this weekend. I want to do more. I’ve been bouncing off a ton of games recently, so that’s a good sign.

2 Likes

God damn. I had to rack my brains, but yeah that whole bit on the alien planet. POOOOWEEEE.

Anyway, Halflife 2 was unbelievable, and both of the Portals (particularly 2) are top 10 of all time-worthy. 2 is probably my joint favourite ever game, with Super Mario World.

1 Like