A Gaming Thread For 2017

Been trying to get into dishonoured 2 again but it is just a very unenjoyable game. Too fiddly.

Elaborate pls

You have to open up alien vaults with “encrypted” consoles. The encryption is space sudoku.

There is an item you can use to bypass them, but I have one in forty hours of gameplay.

Completed Hearts of Stone.

Going to go stare at a wall for a little while.

1 Like

Yeah what ^ said

Started playing Undertale today.Surprised me within the first hour with how much it’s “working” on me – like in yer _Dishonoured_s, the option of non-violence makes me really consider stuff like combat in a really interesting way that only an interactive medium can (re: an early bit, I’m feeling moderate regret having discovered that it’s possible to spare Toriel bc I feel like a right prick).

Wasn’t sure how I’d find the humour, just because of the massive fan base and the fact that it all seemed a bit “Internetty”. There is a bit of that, but it has its own charm to it that reminds me a bit of Anodyne (incidentally, play Anodyne now, 'cause I feel like it’s floated under more radars than it should have) in that it has that feel of old Nintendo games but “warped” with all those weird, slightly surreal and eerie, aspects you’d find in those old childhood games amplified. I look forward to going further into it.

anyone here play online fps games with any regularity? Can anyone recommend me one for PC? I’ve been playing a bunch of CS:GO lately and it’s pretty fun but maybe a bit intense.

I absolutely love Battlefield 1. I play on PS4 however so I imagine playing PC version will be a little less casual and a little more difficult, as is usually the case. It’s hella fun though dude.

yeah it’s 50% off on Origin at the moment…tempting.

Played through the titanfall 2 campaign. Surprisingly very very enjoyable. Not too long and not too many cutscenes and bits where you’re doing bugger all but turning your head while the plot is explained. Meaty guns and some straightforward but fun puzzles. Recommended but only if you’re interested in the multiplayer too as the single player is short.

1 Like

nerds pls help. got about 60% of the way through Fez (on steam) and it crashed, now it crashes on startup. have tried reinstalling and it still crashes. read a bunch of forum posts about threading instructions or somesuch but no idea what they’re going on about. help!!!

Nm started working again

will i like Braid?

I didn’t. So probably, yeah.

2 Likes

i mean i’m literally in love with Fez, but the time reverse mechanic looks a bit annoying idk

Fez, Braid and Super Meat Boy are the big three indie platformers, but there are a few other nice ones: Stealth Bastard Deluxe (stealth platformer, reminds me of Rick Dangerous) and Thomas Was Alone (platform puzzler with nice narration) are top. Got them all from Humble Bundles :+1:

OVERWATCH

yeah guess i may as well complete the indie game movie trifecta. i just can’t play a game called Stealth Bastard though. Super Meat Boy was pushing it a bit for the gamerlad humour tbh.

Went back to my original DARK SOULS save and I have a lot of contempt for past me.

Basically, I left my NG+ character right at the bottom of Blighttown, at a time in the game before warping between bonfires is available. Trekked all the way up to the entrance to the Depths before I realised I didn’t really want to go that way as it’s the way I came down. When I tried to go back down to the swamp I was rushing and kept dying. Also, like a total casual, I built my first ever Souls character in a really inept way, with loads of DEX and INT and hardly any of the life-giving stats. No wonder I found it so difficult on my first playthrough.

when you guys say Blighttown, is that an actual place in the game or a euphemism? because…