A Gaming Thread For 2017

Do people here hate Watch Dogs?

Watch Dogs 1 is a functional dreary game which isn’t worth your time really but isn’t the worst thing in the world. It’s just pretty boring across the board. Watch Dogs 2 takes the same functional gameplay but puts it in a much more vibrant and enjoyable setting. If you’re going to play either then deffo go with Watch Dogs 2 as their are a lot of incredibly fun moments and the characters are pretty well written and incredibly likable (despite at first glance appearing to be a stereotypical hipster nightmare)

Oh no ive got Watch Dogs 1 and tbh i really enjoy it. No idea whats happening in the story but its great fun i think. Bought Mafia 3 on same day and thats shit

Didn’t know those other people in journey were actually real people

2 Likes

Liked 1 absolutely loved 2

Last episode of walking dead new frontier launched day early. Just finished it. Was good, but not sure I’m up for another season.

I have now completed Persona 5, took 102 hours and was worth every single one of them, so so so good. right now I’d rank it over 4, which would put it in my rough top 3 games ever (other two probably being Final Fantasy VIII and Metal Gear Solid), so yeah, I liked it.

can’t wait for Persona 5 Arena/Ultimax/Q/Dancing All Night and then Persona 6 sometime around 2025…

I’m sure I’ll get lampooned for this because it’s

a) Proper console fodder and
b) Really quite old

but I finally played through a load of Uncharted 3 yesterday and had a blast. Looking forward to playing through some more tonight. Sometimes, all you want is a good old run around a pretty world, jump around some puzzles, discover some shit, great stuff. Part of the joy was that I haven’t played a game for months, so it was nice to switch off again.

2 Likes

I maintain that that series is in the upper echelons of games for pure fun and spectacle.

6 Likes

I think the Uncharted games are well liked round here. I love them, great Saturday matinee Indiana Jones style fun.

Uncharted 3 is brilliant fun. Some of the set pieces are as good as that style of video-gaming gets.

4 never really clicked for me - combat drove me insane (button-mashing melee and bizarrely janky shooting). Shame, as the world is gorgeous.

1 Like

I should have jumped on the Overwatch bandwagon ages ago. Been having great fun with it the past few evenings - there a few great characters that I can merrily sink into the sofa and play using a pad without being at a disadvantage. I’m happy to play healer/tank/turret monkey all night.

Now my PC lives again I’m gonna get a new graphics card and pick up Nier:Automata. And continue to ignore the 20-30 games I really ought to be playing.

1 Like

Can’t remember who it was on here who mentioned it, but changing the combat options in accessibility to ‘hold triangle’ rather than ‘rapid press til your hand aches’ was quite literally, a game changer

I complained about it - someone else suggested that solution. Now if they could just fix it so I don’t have to shoot anyone…

Played about 9 hours of Overwatch over the bank holiday. My problem is that I flit between characters and never really become an expert at any of them. Currently back on the Winston bandwagon, he’s the shit.

I’ve been doing the same myself - whenever I do well I feel I’ve just found the right tool for the right job. So I spend most games fumbling around for the right tool. Have mostly been having success with Lucio, Roadhog, that turret making dwarf fella and Pharah. I’d like to get decent with Winston as having a mental ape leaping through everyone and slapping around their backline seems pretty handy but I die too fast with him to be any use.

anyone played stephen’s sausage roll? I was lying awake last night for around an hour with images of a puzzle I’d already solved floating through my head. it’s a waking nightmare. I highly recommend it.

As someone called Stephen, lying awake in bed playing Stephen’s Sausage Roll isn’t a good way to make friends.

2 Likes

There are certain characters that he just can’t deal with (Reaper, Mei, any tank) but if you can time it right and get in the face of an unguarded support/sniper before leaping away, he’s the absolute best. I’d go as far to say that fucking up Widow/Hanzo with Winston is my favourite thing about the game.

I can imagine - getting close enough to get Roadhog’s hook on a Hanzo and following it up with a shotgun blast to the chin is deeply satisfying. Nailing him with a surprise flying monkey attack must be even better.

I think I’m going to lose an obscene amount of time to this game.