A Gaming Thread For 2017

He is quite the eloquent raconteur is Mr. reaper.

Do you play on PS4 or PC? I got the itch back today and intend to get back in balls deep.

PS4

now then @anon5266188, I’m considering purchasing FM 2017 for the mobile. Be completely honest, do you think I’ll enjoy it? Most enjoyable experience I’ve had on FM was probably with 08, so I’d like a similar amount of detail as that. Also, how big are the mobile player databases?

Mobile is way, way more stripped back than the full game. It uses the same db and everything but the gameplay experience is way more streamlined and the match engine experience is very different.

It’s good for commutes etc, would probably be frustrating if you’re looking for an experience similar to the full game though. If you’ve got an iPad capable of playing FM Touch that will be a lot more akin to what you’re after IMO.

1 Like

hmm, I don’t. thanks though! Might give it a whirl anyway next time I’ve got a long journey.

I popped in the disc for the ps4 version then remembered why I stopped playing my ps 4 :frowning:
Controller is bust

I’ve had two controllers die already. £50 a pop and Sony do not give a shit no matter how much you legitimately complain. Usually die just as the warranty expires.

The triggers are an absolute shambles, I’ve gone through 2 controllers. Updating the pc version as we speak

Had one trigger go and one stick go wonky. Clearly a flawed design but Sony will never admit that.

It’s been a while since I’ve fallen for a game quite so much as I have with Overwatch. I think that, Rocket League and the odd single player experience will do me for some time. And maybe Elite for relaxing podcast listening gamery.

I’ve been playing a lot of mystery heroes to get used to some more characters I hadn’t considered but I keep coming back to Lucio/Roadhog/Junkrat/Reindhart. I can always make a nuisance of myself with thise guys even when I’m playing badly.

1 Like

Its so good isn’t it! Think pound for pound my fav game this generation. Been playing on PC for like 5hours today!

3 Likes

Ha. Similar story for me, although Tekken Tag remains our gold standard. Got one mate in particular who has dedicated his life to finding the spammiest move possible in every fighting game. Blanka’s electricity? Check. Yoshimitsu’s spinning punch? Check. Laser eyes? Check.

Spent about half an hour longer than my gf was happy with playing Tekken 7 in the arcades last week. Hard to get a handle on how much is different but I really enjoyed playing it as nature intended and can’t wait to get a copy at home.

2 Likes

Was round a mate’s last night playing ‘Boom Blox’, still a brilliant but very odd party game. Feels half-baked and some of the decisions particularly the inability to properly set up mini tournaments and a playlist of levels is just lazy and stupid. They should definitely remake it but it does rely on motion controls, so I’m not sure how they could. Actually it would work great as a vr game aside from the fact everyone having a headset would be impractically expensive and I think would ruin the social aspect.

Oh well.

2 Likes

Still pumping hours into Horizon Zero Dawn atm. My god, what a beautiful game!

2 Likes

Think I’m pretty much at endgame in Dark Souls 2, so going to start tackling the DLC.

DLC is sooooo good. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Looking forward to it, the quality of From’s DLC is incredible.

1 Like

Just got past the 60 hour mark in Persona 5. Feel like I’m about two thirds of the way through, and there’s still a long way to go. About to get the last social link up and running. I’m now at the point where I’m ditching the links I’m not interested in and focusing on a core handful.

Also my main character (Hank Lasagne) has finally gotten… err… intimate with someone. Some of the romance options in this are fucking nuts - and also count as statutory rape. Weird.

Japanese game in really not ok sex stuff shocker.

1 Like