A Gaming Thread For 2017

I’m in too deep now man. I can’t go back. After what I’ve spent on this piece of crap I’ll just have to spend the rest of my days staring at BIOS with my fingers covered in thermal paste.

1 Like

I’m really really enjoying Divinity: Original Sin, anyone else played this?

I never finished it but I loved it while i was playing it. I think the only reason I stopped if I got stuck, it’s bloody hard when it wants to be. Absolutely wonderful game.

Pretty sure I bought it in a Steam sale but haven’t installed or played it yet.

dont like batman so dunno what that’s like. it’s a hack n slash action rpg with an amazing story across 3 playthroughs that change each time. and it has a beautiful soundtrack. and its the best game on ps4 that’s not yakuza 0, persona or the witcher 3

/in my opinion

1 Like

Heat sink fallacy!

It’s Bloodborne?

2 Likes

dont be daft

Lovely bit of shit trash talk on Rocket League the other day.

AT scores goal
Opponent 1: “Sorry!”
AT: “No problem!”
Opponent 1: “Pig”
AT: “Pig?”
Opponent 1: “Yes, pig”
AT: “Lol what?”
Opponent 2: “Pig??? Lol wtf?”
Opponent 1 silent for remainder of game

No it’s just the way I’m sitting.

Wait, what?

seems to be a great baldur’s gate style CRPG with a light-hearted sense of humour and really interesting tactical combat.

Haven’t really played a game like this since Ultima VII which is maybe helping

I forgot how much I hated this cunt.

2 Likes

Here’s an amusing tale.

About 6 years ago I was sharing a flat with my mate in Oxford. Every night, we played Halo 3 online till the early hours. It was brilliant.

One night, some kids were playing silly buggers, and repeating everything we said in a stupid high-pitched voice. We were getting properly pissed off. Literally everything we said. Anyway, after about an hour of us hurling increasingly violent insults their way (which were mimicked in the stupid high voice), we realised it was a problem with our headsets, and it was just an echo with an effect on it.

21 Likes

Yeah, it definitely made a massive difference. It’s not like we were massively coordinated, just little things like people waiting to regroup rather than running in head first by themselves. It’s a shame it’s taken 6 hours to have that experience though.

Don’t really have any gaming friends to play with. Do you find the solo queuing experience gets better at higher levels?

Gonna get a new PS4 game this weekend

It’s so variable. You can have an hour long session where you’re on good teams who know what to do, and then you can have another hour where you have 3 snipers + Genji and no one will change to a healer. It’s slightly better on comp but obviously the stakes are higher if you do get a shit team.

No-one ever goes on team chat either, apart from the odd child, and that situation makes me feel uneasy.

Are you ps4 or pc? There are regulars who play both versions here

I’m on ps4.

Prey is very fun. I wasn’t too convinced by the demo (mainly because I was really tired and a bit sick when I played it); the overt System Shock / BioShock-iness of it has won me over. I’d been apprehensive about said similarities at first, but it really isn’t hard to win me over when your game is a “Looking Glass-style immersive sim” set on a creepy abandoned space station where you can be all tactical with how you’re solving problems and battering weird ghosty thingies.

One thought I had: if Dishonored is Arkane’s very successful attempt at bringing the mechanics of Thief to modern audiences, and if Prey is their (seemingly pretty cool) attempt at doing the same with System Shock (I say this bc it looks to have more of the RPG-y stuff that BioShock did away with), how cool would it be if they managed to do the same with Deus Ex?

Big mad conspiracy mayhem where you can say things are a shame

1 Like

Also does it actually have anything to do with the original Prey? I have a really vague recollection of that game and the whole linkage seems to confuse me a bit.

The word linkage reminds me of sausage.