A Gaming Thread For 2017

I love your writing style on here.

Ah man…

7 Likes

I think I’ve finally sorted the PC out. Was running around on the Witcher 3 on ultra everything last night and nothing melted/exploded, which was nice.

Not a lot in the Steam sale tickling my fancy. Anyone pick up a bargain yet?

Started playing Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze last night. Never played one before the Wii game and I gave up on that about ten hours in where the compulsory motion controls made progress very tedious.

Which is why I think this game met with disdain. No one really wanted more Donkey Kong or for Retro to be developing it. But I picked it up for £15 and thought I’d play it until my Switch arrives.

And fuck me, this game is gorgeous. And hard. And varied. Only 7 levels in but already looking like the best 2D platformer I’ve played on Wii U, and that means it’s better than Rayman Legends, Guacamelee and NSMBU.

This video does a good job of explaining why…

1 Like

The TV is in Manchester most of the weekend so I’m going to buy horizon and absolutely hammer it. Can’t wait.

Also we’ve been playing lots of Overcooked. Started out as a great way to create arguments but now we’re a solid team 3 starring the shit out of the whole map.

Bought no mans sky

I’ve still only just started Horizon Zero Dawn, but it seems pretty good so far.

2 Likes

Life is Strange was a free PSN game this month so I’ve started playing that. I’ve only played the first chunk so far and I’m enjoying it but I do kind of feel like I got bored of this kind of game after ODing on Telltame games a year or so ago. Have to see if it does anything fun or new with the formula.

I think it’s wonderful. Best version of that storytelling telltale kind of thing IMO.

3 Likes

Love Mark Brown’s videos, shame I watched most of them on a Hungover Youtube binge recently.

2 Likes

Have any of my fellow DiS-based Prey players (“Preyers”, “Preyniacs”, “members of the Church of Latter Prey Saints”, call yourselves what you will) encountered this same massive bug that I’ve found today? I’m playing on the Xbox One and basically what happened is: the “saving” symbol wouldn’t disappear during an autosave, and when I died, it just froze on trying to reload, and now - every time I start up the game - it freezes on the “press A to start” screen, leaving me unable to press A to start.

Anyone got any solutions? I’m thinking of trying to delete that most recent save game, but I’ve not checked if that’s even possible on the Xbox. It’s annoying, cause I was having a grand old time with it today. And I spent a good hour knocking seven shades out of this pyromaniac monster.

Seem to have fixed it!

My _prey_ers have been answered!

Just sold two trading cards on the Steam community market for a grand total of 10p #hollaholla #topswagman

5 Likes

sums up my experience again last night. tanked my SR again. fucking fuming

I haven’t but I really loved that game!

Great ending too!

Added a decent Winston to my game last night. Dunno if he’s been buffed in the update or not but he suddenly makes sense now. On the downside the Roadhog changes have made him more or less useless to me. Blizzard giveth etc.

Switch in the post. But it may have to wait as I’m 3 worlds into Donkey Kong, which continues to dazzle. Boss battles are AMAZING.

1 Like

exciting!

1 Like

I’m enjoying it a lot. I’ve hardly been following the main story thus far, simply exploring around the station and trying to make sense of things (kind of like Gone Home but in space and with smacking foes with a wrench). Such was my non-linear exploration that I spent ages getting into the trauma center for a side mission, looking for the key card, eventually finding it and then excitedly going there … and then later on, I realised that it was on a desk that I’d missed near the very start of the room.

Also re: beast battering tactics - I switched on the power in one area, which caused electrical sparks along the floor of one room – chucked an enemy lure thing in there and watched as a tough enemy got electrocuted to death.

1 Like

Great game. Wouldn’t be surprised if it gets a rerelease even digitally on Switch as on wii u it doesn’t use the 2nd screen at all.

1 Like