A gaming thread for 2019

Work has eased up a bit recently and consequently I’ve been playing a lot of Overwatch again.

Brigitte :heart_eyes:

Tried to get into Fortnite. I don’t really get it.

1 Like

Brigitte is so fun. Also love her character design, and her spray where she’s riding the cat.

My fav support now.

Her and Moira have really improved the support class, there’s actually a choice of fun, viable options now when the rest of the team are determined to be Hanzo/Genji/those other pricks. Mace to the face!

Lucio is now A LOT more fun since the wall running changes. Also Mercy is way more fun than she used to be, although not quite as strong. I feel like the game has deffo improved over the past 2 years, all the changes have been good ones and healthy for the game.

My current ‘main’ pool is pretty varied now as a result.
DPS: Tracer, Doomfist, Soldier76
Defense: Junkrat, Trobjorn
Tank: Roadhog, Orissa, D-Va
Support: Briggit, Moira, Ana

I will play pretty much everyone though, except Symmetra, never enjoyed Symmetra

Too late!

Good point, completely forgot about the DLCs - will get onto that

(though I will admit I gave it a bit due to Witcher overkill, cause the dlcs amount to basically the entire game again in size)

Speaking of overwatch heres a replay I’m quite happy with :smiley:

1 Like

I get choice paralysis when picking now, but it’s good because you can wait to see how imbalanced the team is and then try and fill in the gaps. Love Symettra but she still only feels viable on a few maps, which is a shame because she’s probably who I’m best at (hate aiming).

Oh and this, basically I like blowing entire teams up

1 Like

This was my reaction. It didn’t grab me at all. I gave up not far past the point where you are. Yes I know, you have to replay it to appreciate the narrative complexity, clever structure, blah blah blah, but it was just plain boring.

1 Like

Boooooooooo

I play suicide Junkrat. Mostly on offense and will jump into the middle of fights and kill people because I have a backbone

I dont hide and spam bombs

Good! The reason I main Pharah is because she’s good at flushing out Junkrats who are hiding and spamming bombs. Also good for harassing Widowmakers.

I ended up picking up Offworld Trading Company after trying the free weekend. Great little economic RTS. I’ve really enjoyed my time with it so far.

Not been in the mood for console gaming recently

Finished the dungeon in Skull Woods in Link to the Past. Got stuck for ages at a dead end here:

…where you can see a room to the north on the map, but there are no switches or cracks to bomb open.

Turns out you just hit the wall and a door appears. Nowhere else is this a thing, you can’t just cut doors into walls!

ffs

3 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

But you must be like me who alwas ALWAYS ends up hitting the wall out of frustration when i cant immediately think of a solution. I assumed everyone did

I guess you’re cutting the vines to reveal the door behind.

But yeah games that introduce things like that that are not used elsewhere in the game with no explanation are annoying. I remember being stuck in Okami trying to find a hidden bead for ages and it turns out you had to ‘fill in’ the missing eye of a statue thing. Nowhere else is that a thing.

2 Likes

So I picked up GOD OF WAR: GRUMPY DAD at the weekend and sunk a couple of hours in yesterday.

Initial impressions are positive, I can certainly see what all the fuss is about.
+It looks gorgeous
+interactions between father and son are consistent and believable (I am tempted to start referring to my daughters each as GIRL from now on) and the whole plot-evolves-as-you-progress-through-the story thing works very well. Reminds me a fair bit of Last of Us and that’s a big positive for me.
+The combat is great fun. Very much nails the sweet spot between action-rpg and ‘brawler’. Making the axe fly back into your hand doing lots of damage on its way is very satisfying.

Negatives:
-This is a very personal one for me but I’m just not that into playing bald, bearded, grumpy white men. I am one; it’s not much for me in terms of escapism: I much prefer crafting a character who is different to me. Admittedly I am not a god, but I have exactly the same interactions with regards to my offspring leaving their socks lying around the house as Kratos does with his son leaving daggers lying around the forest.

3 Likes