rez
vic20
fallout5newvegas

Flamethrower man

Yes Winny

good use of music in the Red Faction trailer, esp for Idle Thumbs fans

sep thread but only if it comes with a bingo card/drinking game

not even horse armour, just horse colours

Also the collector’s box doesn’t actually come with a copy of the game.

I blame nerds for this.

Pre-order now for special bonus in game content where the main character gives the camera a thumbs up, winks and says “thanks very much player for pre-ordering our game”.

Hi. The reason for this is to prevent warehouses of unsold copies on specific platforms.

I quite enjoyed it (for the reasons that @Cervantes says: it uses the plot to justify a dizzying variety of insane developments). A few of the locations I remember finding suitably atmospheric (not particularly ‘scary’, but nicely moody in that trad survival horror sort of way).

I hear the sequel’s pretty good, but I don’t really know anything about it.

OH and all the bosses are absolute evil twats

I’m straight up loving my vita at the moment. I picked up an old PSP monster hunter game and I’ve been playing that, darkest dungeon and merc kings. It’s great as I can have it on the edge of the sofa when the lass falls a sleep on me and I can’t reach a game controller.

Drowned in XCom Report One

Operation Gatecrasher goes worryingly well, with our motley band of resistance fighters scoring a number of 70% shots to easily dispose of the Advent forces guarding the New Boston talent show podium that we have to bomb for some reason. It’s worrying because luck, as they do so often say, balances out over the course of a campaign.

The classes randomly assigned off the back of the first mission dictate who our first recruits are: Matt the Sniper, Jamos the Ninja, Cowtipped the Nader, Darwin Dude the Shootyperson and Duck the Flamenwaffer. I’ve only ever seen Matt’s hairline in their selfies, so I made some assumptions about the rest of them.

Our randomly assigned special class is a Skirmisher, an alien renegade who’s sort of a jack-of-all-trades close combat bully. They’re easily the least powerful class the War of the Chosen expansion added, but are at their most useful early on so we’ll grin and bear the Klingon-looking weirdo.

Operation Poisoned Wheel, taking out a psionic transmitter in San Diego’s desolate underground, similarly comes off without a hitch. Jamos’s Phantom ability is used to scout ahead, allowing the others to set overwatch traps for the frugal Advent forces to fall into. Afterwards, Jamos makes a girlfriend.

The apprioprately named Mission 3 is where things start to go sideways. In return for their support, the Skirmishers want us to creep into the zombie-infested ruins of Helena to rescue some of their people. Reward is big, risk is large.

Particularly as Adie’s nades are terrible on Lost missions and her bondmate DD is knackered, so rookies Bugduv and Ant are drafted in (no Nandos tattoo unfortunately, did my best.)

Rotting Stranger did a lot of the things that make me both hate and love playing this game on Ironman. Firstly, due to some sort of bug, the squad broke concealment (the aliens know where you are) but the game failed to announce it, allowing both Advent and the Lost to get the drop on us. A sniper winged Din the Skirm, and a Sectoid panicked Ant into hiding in a large flowerpot.

Positioning themselves upstairs to get a better shot when all this happened, Matt was ordered to hunker down as the legions of Lost zombies shambled forward en masse. This saved her from a Lost’s swipe… but said swipe instead broke the floor panel she was standing on, causing her to fall to the ground floor and break her neck. Matt Was Dead.

(The grey heads icon to the top middle of the screen in these is supposed to signal your squad is in concealment. Nasty bug.)

The rest of the squad pushed valiantly forward, swelling their ranks with a stray resistance minigun person, taking advantage of the fact Advent and Lost spent most of their turn grappling with each other to give both a generous hosing of bullets. Rookie Bugduv excelled themselves with 5 zombie kills, and Duck fired off a rocket that accounted for both the Advent Sniper and 4 Lost at the same time. Ant, Din and the VIP managed to limp their way to the evac along with everybody else as more Lost continued to pour in, with the final score reckoned at 33-1 to XCom.

A successful month, on balance - but with no sniper, our best soldier out for a while and the next mission due to be the Chosen-led Retaliation strike, things are due to get tougher for Drowned in Xound.

(Tell me if you want to be involved, I do need a new sniper and our freshly recruited minigun person needs a name.)

Enjoyed this - I will wield a minigun for you

CWBAFT

you nailed my look btw, it’s uncanny. will make it my avi once dendoncker season is over

There’s a good Daedalic humble bundle on now. Bunch of adventure games a few other things and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun which is supposed to be great all for around £9.

XCom2 is free on PS4 this month, tell me why i should play it

Totally worth the whole playthrough for this :smiley:

Because @Antpocalypsenow might hide in a large flowerpot for you.

hope as a union member my bereaved family get a big pay out :frowning:

If you like turn-based tactics games, it’s one of the best around. Its best feature imo is its randomised map generator - it’s absolutely seamless, and creates endless numbers of atmospheric playgrounds for battles between your murderdolls and bizarre aliens to play out in. The main expansion War of the Chosen adds a huge amount, most of it good.

The other big selling point for me is it’s very moddable and a big community has duly turned out loads of stuff for it. However I’m not sure if consoles get that.

Also just how emotionally invested you become in the fates of your murderdolls.