A gaming thread for 2018

nodarksoulschat
hl3anydaynow
rez
vic20
fallout5newvegas

God, I miss online gaming so much. BT broadband are over 2 weeks late on installing my fibre line and it’s driving me nuts.

Still loving my vita, but I want to hunt some monsters!!

How much are they? I’m vaguely tempted just for (a decent version of) Final Fantasy VI and Earthbound tbh

Picked one up for 70.

Worth it for the super mario RPG tbh. But yes to earthbound as well and I’m hyped to replay star fox too

Quick question re: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

This was dirt cheap on xbox store so I thought I’d give it a go - the reviews are really positive and people have told me it’s amazing.

How long before I get to do something? Is the game literally just moving between cut scenes, conversations with two almost identical dialogue options and that shitty card game?

when you get to the second map

It’s really good, stick with it.

Gwent is shit though.

Ok, but if I have one more conversation about how a woman stinks of gooseberries, I’m done.

Subnautica is kind of alright, isn’t it? I’ve been in a bit of a gaming slump lately with nothing really taking my fancy but I had a good few hours of chasing fish with knives last night and I loved it. Beautiful and terrifying in equal measure.

Second map? I’m in a bar talking about Yennifer to every person in there.

She can fuck off too

Gets better/more terrifying as it goes on. Great game.

This is why nobody likes talking to you.

If Netrunner got killed so it can be relicensed as the Gwent equivalent in Cyberpunk 2077, I will literally never shut up about it.

Yeah I’m a little afraid of heading into the deep. I’ve already nearly soiled myself after being suddenly minced by some giant spindly bastard.

Thread for posts that are funnier out of context

bloody hell you’re right at the start, give it a chance

Really? It’s been about an hour already.

I’ve had an animated intro to the world, a tutorial that turned out to be a dream, a sunset ride to a town, approx 90 conversations about a woman stinking of gooseberries and a game of gwent.

thunderbirdslaughing.mov

wait is it an undersea horror? like SOMA? do want.

Doesn’t sound bad. it’s a 100+ hour sprawling RPG. Once you start getting hooked into the side stuff and all the little stories and lore of this world, it’s hard to let go. Wonderful world building in that game. Bleak, but great.

Especially if you have an interest in the smell of gooseberries.