A gaming thread for 2019

to be fair, I marvel at the extent to which (going by the stats) some players seem to take the piss and just abandon games reeeeally early on

i’ll have you know i’m excellent at completeting or even starting games
stares at steam library
ok good point well made

2 Likes

To be fair I bought a game on Steam and abandoned it for so long that I ended up paying for it again on PS4

look it only took me like 3 years to finish ‘shadow of mordor’ cos i just loooooooooooved branding those orcs so much. then one day i went “maybe i should finish it” and a couple of hours later i did.

1 Like

and i might’ve also got a bit carried away with the collectables in ‘rise of the tomb raider’. still annoyed i haven’t got them all tbh

not normally a collectable person but i just love how enthusiastic lara is at finding stuff.

2 Likes

My dad sacked off Dark Souls within half an hour, probably wise.

good dad.

There’s one of the geocaches I can’t get and it made me stop playing.

I completed Definitive Tomb Raider with 100% collectables.

2 Likes

there’s one in geothermal valley i have no idea how to get to and it’s driving me crazy. might even need to look up a youtube.

think it might even be in a tomb i completed (cos obvs i did all of them like a normal person), and just missed it. so i need to reset the tomb somehow.

getting to grips with cities skylines. here’s some shots of the best one i’ve made so far, !SupercoolFunkyCity!

5 Likes

Quite a few of them are hidden in the tunnels before you get to the tombs.

finding the superblock system works very well to ensure smooth flow of traffic (pic 1), with nice curving freeway ramps to enable fluid movement in and out of industrial/commercial zones (pic 2).

not this one. i’m 99% sure i missed it in the tomb and the motherfuckers are just taunting me at this point

all game devs are out to get me

Did the same. Think the only other game I’ve done that with is Farcry 3. They got mindless hoovering right! Not too much effort required.

1 Like

pf no. as much as i love fc3, ubisoft collects can do one. every tomb raider one has a little story at least.

Usually I can’t be bothered with all the Ubi guff, but trying to find entrances to underwater caves and ruined temples was probably the best part of that game. And there was a bit of historical fiction involved in finding all those letters from the stranded Japanese if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I want to hang out in yr city

1 Like