A gaming thread for 2019

Link and Lara are raising an eyebrow each

Yeah, but Lara also has machine guns and shotguns.

I’ve never played any Zelda

I’ll rephrase: Arrows are not used often in the open world games I own.

I don’t want to alarm you all, but the NMS update is outstanding. I only played it for 30 minutes but it’s shocking how different it feels.

Annoying thing is that my tablet won’t emulate the touch pad on the DS4 so I can’t open my inventory so I just had a walk around etc.

I’ve not played it for a few updates but visually, the clouds they’ve added with the gas and what seems to be changes they’ve made to how you find resources and how the assets are loaded. It all just feels so much better. 3rd person changes the feel of it as well.

What annoys me when I have tried to revisit NMS is that it runs like a dog. I have a really decent PC and Nvidia Experience’s recommendation is 1080p on my 2560x1600 native monitor and even then at lower graphical fidelity settings. Fucking garbage optimisation.

Dogs run really fast.

2 Likes

Ever met a butcher’s dog?

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll patch it.

#consolemasterrace

i pity the poor No Man’s Sky wiki contributors. EVERYTHING’S CHANGED. HOW DO YOU EVEN TAKE OFF?

omg can’t believe they put battle royale mode in NMS

3 Likes

it’s occurring to me pretty quickly that i have no real idea what I’m doing in Far Cry 5, but I’m enjoying it a lot still. having never played a Far Cry before I’m sure it would be obvious that you should build up your inventory, use perks or whatever but I have mostly just been running around, so when I finally plucked up the courage to go to the first place you’re ‘meant’ to go I got absolutely owned straight away. might need to read some basic walkthroughs or something to get the most out of it…

you shoot baddies and set bears on fire with flare guns

Coming soon: FIFA Battle Royale.

1 Like

i haven’t got FC5 yet but i’ve played 1, 2, 3,4 and ‘blood dragon’ so i’m pretty much an expert on this

i did really enjoy setting some turkeys on fire yesterday with a flamethrower

it’s more that i wandered around for ages trying to find a ‘grappling hook’ and then eventually had to google it and found out you have to use ‘perk tokens’ to buy it - stuff like that. i’m sure i’d be much better equipped to take on a shitload of bad guys with planes and grenades if i had a little more experience with the game and the mechanics but i’m getting by for now.

i remember the skill tree in 4 being pretty decent and straightforward. i’m guessing ‘perk tokens’ are just skill points. they’re very open world games but it’d be best to stick with the main story line to unlock dem perks n stuff at least early on. then just go around flamethrowing turkeys. you’ll probably want a silenced sniper rifle if that is still an option. they make taking out outposts suuuuuuuper fun.

yeah i might have gone wrong by just doing side missions for the first 3 hours but there’s SO FUCKING MANY of them. like every 10metres you move you bump into another person with a side mission. it’s crazy (not complaining)

god i wish i was at home flamethrowering turkeys.

i’m ‘patiently’ waiting for 50% off before i take the plunge (missed it on prime day. i’m pissed). ass creed origins is 55% off on fanatical right now so i have faith. come on, poobisoft, do the right thing and make a cow happy.

1 Like

Picked up AC: Origins cheap and am working my way though it. Is it just me, or is it a wee bit dull? I shouldn’t be feeling this way about climbing things and stabbing people while running around Ancient Egypt because that sounds awesome, but I am.

geforce experience is garbage. it always get resolution wrong. i ignore every recommendation.

only arse creed game i’ve finished… actually no, I beat 2 after it… but i quite liked it. Bayek of Siwa and all that.

1 Like