A gaming thread for 2019

just lost a normal game to the time eater. fuck that guy.
i’ve won with the silent and the ironclad. can’t remember how i managed it in the end with the silent (took ages) but with the ironclad it’s all about the strength cards. haven’t managed to figure out another way. think my first win i ended up on 128 strength or something. that was fun.

Oh god…

From the producer of the fast and the furious, so you know it’s gonna be fast

2 Likes

You may as well quit if Time Eater shows up when you’re running the Silent. Hate that mechanic so much.

My method of beating the final boss with the Silent was Envenom + After-image + roughly a million knives. Managed it by the skin of my teeth. Haven’t done it with either of the others so far. Feels really unfair you have to beat that mini-boss directly before it.

You wouldn’t believe how furious Robotnik is with having been called Eggman for decades…

I’ll admit, there’s a lot going on here with this poster.

finally got a win with the robot. eat shit, time eater.

delicious

wtf is randy pritchford wearing

pokemon go has added pvp.

finally.

i challenge you.

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

3 Likes

as expected, it’s the most rubbish thing ever.

4 Likes

I’m at the point now where Bloodborne is quite fun. Not massively hard anymore, and when I have a spare hour, i can slam on a podcast or an album and grind my levels up by hacking up nasties

4 Likes

In amongst all the end of year music lists I came across a band using the Soulsborne universe as an influence- not really surprising they’re metal

2 Likes

Found a datapad in Prey on a security guard complaining about a particular ‘volunteer’ who had taken to hoarding weapons in his cell. You can use security stations to trace anyone on Talos 1, so on a whim I looked up the number of the nameless volunteer to find out what had happened to him. That led me back down to the canteen of the Crew Quarters, and… allowed me to work out what had happened in an entirely different part of the plot. Just because I happened to take an interest.

It’s a game that impresses me the more I play it. One of the best games of the last three years, easily.

4 Likes

I sometimes wonder if Bell Witch are named after a bloodborne reference.

i’m sorry i only play proper video games now like pokemon go.

i had a task to win a gym battle so i thought fine, easy. so i took on a blue gym in mcdonalds, which is a highly contested spot as you can imagine. there was only a slacking in there. i notice however my battle is joined by a mystery other battler. we win the fight, i go to take the gym but DISASTER, this other battler gets there in first (i refrain from looking around to see if i can spot him) and he’s a different team colour to me. he stuck his tyranitar in there so i thought fine, i can just punch it to death with my machamp and claim what is rightfully mine cos i started that first fight. so that went well and he’s down to just one battle left in him and the prick goes and uses a golden berry on it to fully heal it. so i thought fine. i’ll just do it again. but i moved over into the crowd gathering outside poundland, waiting for it to open, so i can blend in assassin’s creed style. i get this guy down to one battle again and the prick goes and uses another berry to heal it. and by this point he’s joined by another red team member (i’m yellow team btw. underdogs ftw). fine, i’ll just punch both of them to death. i get both them down and they both get healed and then they’re joined by a third red team member. by now, poundland has opened so i thought ‘well now i have to go in it don’t i so i don’t look like a dick’.

so that fight ended up costing me £2 cos i bought binbags and a mulipack of crisps.

4 Likes

Defeated a bloodborne boss on the first attempt

Updating my tinder bio as we speak

6 Likes

Oooo which one?

Blood starved beast

I think cause by the looks of things, I’m playing slightly out of the “intended” order. And found a buncha witches who give a shit load of blood echoes

1 Like

Nice! I like that fight - it’s hyper aggressive but very dodgeable.

Gave agents of mayhem a punt as its on gamepass. The gameplay its self felt great, the characters were by in large fun to play and when things got chaotic it was a blast.

The problem with the game was literally everything else, no vairety at all and a completely souless world. The gameplay was completely let down by how boring the open world was, and almost every mission took place in the same copy pasted underground lair.

Despite this i powered through to tbe final boss which i lost at the final stage and got booted back to the begining of the mission, i uninstalled the game. 5 outta 10