A gaming thread for 2019

great deal! Damn just bought all of GTAs recently. Oh well only cost me about £45 in total.

let’s all play fortnite lads wheyy

1 Like

I wish I had the time to get somewhat decent at Fortnite because I love the whole concept, even warming to the building elements, but I can only get into the top 15/20 if I use a bit of stealth, which I know is antithetical to how the majority play the game.

The remaster is getting rave reviews across the board, so guess it’s out this week?

SOTC is a wonderful game. Will be fascinating to see if the remake keeps he aura and magic of the original. I was pretty sure it wouldn’t from the 4K screens that were released, but lots of sites and journalists I trust are saying it’s a stunning recreation of the original that can be played as it always has been or with tighter, more modern controls if you prefer.

1 Like

I know it’s traditional for tech companies to come up with wanky names for colours, but how on earth have we reached the point of calling something “Steel Black” when it’s actually silver and not even vaguely black?

been meaning to give it a go, looks a bit more forgiving than PUBG

I would call that ‘grey’, even less marketable

1 Like

I always wanna build ridiculous bridges and stuff like that but just get wiped out before I get anywhere. Wish they had like a free play mode for the building element, just to see what you can actually do with it.

I think they do in the full Fortnite game but realistically who’s bought that? It’s crazy that probably 0.01% of Fortnite players have actually got the full game

My advice is to jump at the last possible moment, head for an area that’s not a hotspot / marked on the map, and practice building there, just to get used to the mechanics. You can go ages without encountering anyone if you purposefully try to avoid it

1 Like

Haha, yeah, it’s not worth any money but hundreds of hours of your life?! Sure! Ah okay, I’ll try that. I haven’t really played it much since before Christmas and it seems to of changed a fair bit so that’s kinda put me off, but I’ll try to pick it up again.

There’s also this, which I just bought

Mainly cos I wanna play Stellaris.

Anything else in there worth a look?

I’d look at Hearts of Iron of I was getting it because the fourth one looks really interesting. Not sure if three was up to much though.

Cities in Motion is an interesting idea, but not quite there for me. Thought the first one was more playable in all honesty.

1 Like

Crusader Kings II is amazing.

1 Like

Started playing the latest Deus Ex that was free with PS Plus this month. Seems okay so far, but is everyone going to talk in that ridiculous hard man voice throughout the whole game?

I picked this up as well, but there’s literally nothing else I want other than Stellaris. Some other great games in there but I’ll be lucky if I find the time to play that…

I might start another steam key amnesty thread, see if anyone can get any use out of them. Surely someone will want Pillars of Eternity at least.

The main character is hilariously gruff! Probably has to be one of the dumbest, self-serious characters ever created.

Most people seem to think that that isn’t the voice actor’s actual voice.

I bought a telltale bundle in May 2016 and haven’t played any of them. Brilliant.

Anyway, i played Stellaris for an hour last night and had absolutely no idea what was going on. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I expect I’ll be the same. I’ve been told not to start a game for a bit though - there’s an imminent patch which will overhaul how travel works in the game. So don’t get too used to warps/wormholes as apparently they won’t be a thing for much longer.

1 Like

does he dress like a third-rate Neo in real life too?