A gaming thread for 2019

God I want to play subnautica so much… Wonder if it’ll ever get a console release?

It’s in early access for Xbone and will come out on PS4 when the console ports are completed

YAY!

got Wipeout Omega Collection the other day, it’s dead good. really enjoying playing the 2048 tracks on a big TV instead of a Vita, looks really good and smooth and i’ve not even got into the Phantom/A+ class races yet. shame that online is totally dead though, played some races the other day but was one of only two lobbies in the whole world from the looks of it :confused: did some split screen earlier though, that was good.

1 Like

The ink ribbon system in Resi is a bit shit. I get that it’s hardcore but I’m an adult, man

2 Red 2 Redemption looks real pretty

Thought this is really interesting - may burrow into those YouTube videos later.

I’d fully recommend getting and reading ASAP. I’m not being overly dramatic when I say reading his books changed my life - got me to look at art and culture in a completely different, deeper way. Granted it was the first ‘criticism’ type of book that I’d read so that could be it but it seemed more real and accessible than some of the more scholarly stuff I’d tried to dip in.

1 Like

Wait they’re sort of remaking Link’s Awakening for the 3DS in an open-world BotW style???!!

Noticed that LA seems to be missing from the eShop at the moment. LINKS RE-AWAKENING CONFIRMD

That’s high praise indeed. I’ve already ordered it - I’ll bump it to the top of my reading list when it arrives.

I’ll be really pissed if this happens, if only because I lost my 3DS and won’t have anything to play it on :frowning:

So I was off sick most of last week with a snotty death. Put in 40 hours on Monster Hunter World. Straight up amazing game, fucking love it.

In other news. I picked up one of these instead of a Switch. It was £100 and I had some Amazon vouchers left over:

It’ll play stardew and stream my XBOX/PS4. It’s gonna be perfect for when I move in with the missus.

1 Like

Who else has monster hunter and wants to go by ting one day? I’m also a North teething it up. Tried to play it today but needed to lie down. Only managed to get 6hrs so far but it’s a fantastic ga e

That looks very interesting - seems like it could run some light games itself and stream the heavy stuff (the Wii U off-TV thing basically). How’s it going?

Seems like a way to play my massive load of Steam games while on the sofa, think that might suit me more than a Switch right now (until Smash 5 and Shin Megami Tensei 5 come out that is) :+1:

It’s turning up today, will report back if it’s any good. You can get them refurbed cheaper.

In the market for another indie game. Good scenery, weirdness is good. Played Firewatch, Inside, Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture, Journey

Oxenfree?

1 Like

Oxenfree or Abzu (made by Journey team)

might play Life Is Strange or Fallout 4 first.

Borrowed SPLAToon 2 but I can’t really work out what I think. Initially was keen and was winning loads and continually coming top.of my team so it seemed fairly simplistic but that seems to have stopped. Fiddled about with gear and weapons a bit but it seems very finnicky and I’m struggling to see where tactics come into it. Will persevere to see how I get on but I’m glad at this point that I haven’t purchased it. Maybe a couple of more days plugging away will enlighten me of its charms.