A gaming thread for 2019

I got the basic ending for Hollow Knight. Gonna put that to one side for a while before faffing about trying to get the ‘good’ ending.

Next in the backlog: either Soma, Black Mesa or Metal Gear: Revengeance. Maybe I’ll finally play To The Moon as a quick palette cleanser first.

To The Moon is beautiful man, do it

1 Like

It’s probably time. I’ve been putting it off for ages as it sounds like it’s been designed exclusively to make me cry.

I have a heart of stone, so didn’t, but it will make anyone with a shred of humanity left in them cry.

1 Like

Hmm about four hours I reckon? Had a couple of puzzles I got a walkthrough for cos life’s too short

A disturbingly high number of film have made me cry over the years but a game never has. I’m not sure I want to open a whole new avenue of media related weeping. But I’ve been putting it off for the better part of 5 years so it’s about time I gave in.

Ah great, thought it was going to be more like 10-15 hours. Might play though it at the weekend.

At the start it comes across as quite open but it soon becomes linear in a good way with plenty of forward momentum

1 Like

Dragon Age 3 with all the DLC is 6 quid at the moment on Xbone. That’s my weekend done. I’ve played it before, but think it’ll be fun to go through it again and try out the DLC. Also, stream it through my new tablet controller!

Stellaris received something of a complete reboot along with this latest piece of DLC btw, so if you ever fancied conquering the galaxy with zealously racist sentient mushrooms now’s a good time to give it a spin.

1 Like
1 Like

“Jeez… This guy is the nuts!”

:smile:

I picked it up in the Humble Bundle and been waiting for the reboot to get started. I picked up Utopia and Synthetic Dawn on sale too so I’m probably ready to dive but I am tempted to go all out and buy the shiny new planet destroyer DLC. My history of ditching 4x games a short way in tells me I’ve spent more than enough and that this would be an unwise investment at full price. But on the other hand: death stars!

1 Like

I suddenly want a smart watch

8 Likes

Been playing this this morning, really enjoying it so far. Love the art style, it reminds me a lot of the Witness. The kids have been enjoying it too, it’s nice to have a game where they can explore without there being enemies attacking them or consequences for falling off things.

1 Like

Yeah I did the same thing. It’s more faff than just plugging an HDMI cable in. Since I reinstalled windows it no longers connects to my PC either. 4 quid well spent!

1 Like

Yep. My ten year old daughter thinks the fox is the best thing ever. When she saw it, she declared that Rime was her “soul game”.

4 Likes

Fnished Resi Evil 7. That game doesnt half fizzle out

Finished The Stick of Truth yesterday. It’s a better game than Fractured But Whole.

Quite annoyed I can’t get all the Chinpokemon.

I think the gameplay is worse but everything else about it is better. The story is way funnier for starters. And in a South Park game thats whats most important.