A gaming thread for 2019

did we discuss this?

sounds like quite something

I don’t think we have, no. Theres always been a rich vein of games that objectify women and where the aim is to fuck anything that moves, but not as far as I know on Steam or slated for a console release (Sony pulled it in the last few days). Pretty depressing that Valve won’t take a stance on it too.

Oh it is.

1 Like

Monster Hunter World is going to be my game of the year. Not very often that I put 175 hours (and counting) into a game.

do steam ever ban stuff? I’ve no idea.

Very rarely.

Only if you threaten to sue valve and everyone who negatively reviewed your game

The most important gaming I’ve just learned is that the name of the snooty director in the payload on the Hollywood map in ‘Overwatch’ is called HAL-Fred Glitchbot.
but i blame on that me being too busy emoting in spawn rooms to pay enough attention to the posters

3 Likes

:no_mouth: what

Now I want to play overwatch after work

Someone has just announced V Rally 4 (yes, that V Rally).

September 2018.

2 Likes

wow gamers are the worst people in the world!

Look at the ridiculous anger and whiny entitlement on display in the comments of this Eurogamer review

1 Like

I agree with a lot of them that Paradise really isn’t the best in the series (Burnout 2 is the correct answer, though I will accept Takedown as a close second) but I don’t understand the pathology that drives people to yell about these things. Surely this one getting such good reviews may lead to good sales and then other remasters, no? How is mashing your idiot face onto a keyboard in a blind rage helpful?

“IT’S TOO EXPENSIVE!” Then wait for it to come down in price. “THERE’S ALREADY A NON-REMASTERED VERSION FOR ABOUT A FIVER!” So buy that. “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS REVIEWER LIKED A GAME MORE THAN ME!” Then you’re just weird. Stop being weird.

5 Likes

it’s the only burnout I played until recently where I tried burnout 3 which seemed pretty fun but the visuals are so blurry now it’s really hard to go back to

its my favourite racer of all time. people are daft

burnout 3 is still great when played on a CRT or over component, but Paradise is a wonder

1 Like

i’d rather not

1 Like

I really don’t like open world racers. Especially when all the streets are open while you’re racing. My sense of direction is…not good.

Still a fine game, mind.

well… fuck

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve got 8 kills in my entire time playing it tbh.

2 Likes

I’m A Burnout Revenge kind of man myself. But I am happy to shake hands and chuckle over our slight difference of opinion.

1 Like

Wasn’t meant to be a reply to you bam, but never mind

1 Like