A gaming thread for 2019

Ha!

Still blows my mind what the ‘pros’ can do where they’re dribbling the ball in the air - it’s a completely different level.

1 Like

I second this motion. There’s a chance I’ll ignore it and hide playing Pro Evo Master League where I don’t have to talk to anyone instead but I’m trying to Do Better this year.

Woah, whit? And what are the differences? Harder matches, more scores?

Better calibration of ability, really. Plus the endorphins associated with moving up through the leagues.

The biggest difference is you can’t just leave a game - you have to vote to forfeit and if it’s not unanimous you keep playing. If you choose to leave without your teammates you’re banned from playing online for 15 minutes. You do still get rage quitters but they’re rarer. Plenty of people stay and whine though, obvs.

1 Like

Vaguely recall 25% more XP as well? May be my memory playing tricks on me though.

I also finished Uncharted 4 the other week which was great. Makes me wish they’d do a new Prince of Persia in that style, it’d be amazing.

Also I treated myself to Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition which is waiting for me to start tonight. I’ve wanted to play it for ages so I’m very excited about that.

1 Like

That may well be true. I tend not to pay attention to the xp tbh - I have my rank hidden so no one is thinking, “christ, how is a veteran this clueless?”

1 Like

You can do that? Excellent! Semi Pro begone!

I keep mine visible mainly for those lovely moments where you get something like:

Team-mate: how r u master???

Score an absolute worldie

Me: Whoops!
Me: Sorry!
Me: No problem

1 Like

I usually find I do the wrong combinations on the quick chat

team mate scores

Me: Whoops!
Me: Need boost!

10 Likes

Swapped out ‘Whoops!’ for ‘Incoming!’ recently which led to a lot of wrong selections at first. Think ‘Incoming!’ is now my favourite option, just ahead of ‘Calculated’.

I keep hitting, “nice shot!” after I score instead of thanking someone for saying “nice shot!” Like I’m praising myself. After a couple I just have to run with it.

Me: Nice shot!
Me: Thanks!
Me: No problem.

3 Likes

Feel like the Rocket League match making is finally doing a better job of matching me with people who are equally rubbish! Managed to score a hat trick last night :smiley:

4 Likes

You must’ve been playing against me :rofl:

2 Likes

holla @ ya boy

1 Like

Playing The Last of Us. Can’t get the Best of You by Foo Fighters out of my head when playing it.

It’s very, erm, linear, isn’t it? Lots of silly things you have to do that are pointless and don’t contribute to anyone’s enjoyment.

Ooh I wonder where to go now, maybe if I pick that handily placed ladder up and put it against the wall that it is next to it will reveal the way

1 Like

Yeah I couldn’t really get on with the last of us either. Lots of busy work tasks just to give you something to do. Also I got to this one bit with loads of guys at a warehouse and you had to be stealthy but the game user interface wasn’t set up to make stealth anything more than unbelievably frustrating.

Yeah, it’s pretty annoying.

Those stupid tasks of tapping a button to lift a door up or turn something. What’s the point? I can do it, you know I can do it, just open the fucking door!

feel like treating myself to a cheap switch game, what’s good folks?