A gaming thread for 2019

Completely lost momentum with HZD.

Started that ‘Warframe’ game. Only 9 hours in and have a feeling this shit is gonna get old real quick, but idk.

I didn’t like it at all. Felt very empty. No oompf (technical term) to the combat.

I’d rather play Diablo or something.

Ah! Do remember them throwing a lot of enemies at you during that section - especially in the club. If you’ve decided to go the alien route some of their abilities are pretty useful for neutralising the more annoying types. The game really tapped into my obsessive traits so I didn’t have too many issues with ammo! Q-beam and shotgun were my go-tos.

Nier was definitely one that piqued my interest. Especially as a physical copy is insanely hard to come by now for some reason. Last few sales I’ve been meaning to get The Witcher 3, so I can probably wait on that a little longer! BioShock trilogy’s really cheap too.

Oh and The Long Dark looks intriguing but I’ve got no idea of it’s actually any good. Anyone played it? Might give it a pop at fifteen quid.

Going to pick up Nier and maybe Bioshock. Got The Witcher in the last sale :grinning:

1 Like

Yeesssssss get it up ye, ya robot bastard!!!

Shulk/Dunban/Fiora, sod healing, just went all out with topples from chain attacks. Took a few goes, but beat the bloody thing!

Had a crack at the bunny too. Got it down to about 20% before it wiped my party - will tweak a few things then go back and kill it for great justice.

Well played. I thought I’d gotten the hang of Chain attacks, toppling etc after 3 Xenoblade games but have hit a total wall on 2. Nearing the end of the game and something happens that completely changes your party make up, meaning the tactics I’ve employed for the whole game now don’t work. I’m 5 levels above the boss and can’t dent him. Stupid game…

1 Like

Ngl, Xenoblade 2 is the Switch’s main draw for me (and Shin Megami Tensei V).

They’re gonna sort Virtual Console and bring Xenoblade 1 and X over too, presumably?

I presume so, at some point?

Xenoblade 2 has a huge bunch of DLC dropping soon, with new campaign stories, missions, blades and content. So it’ll be interesting to see if they disrupt that push by toying with the older games.

They’re all very different, yet incredibly similar, if that makes sense? Really can’t decide how I feel about 2 or even X. I can’t say I’ve enjoyed either half as much as I adored the original, yet if someone attacks them I find myself finding dozens of things they do amazingly.

Really odd series…

1 Like

love the safe room music in 1 and 2 :smiley:

yeah. . that mansion has sort of become a comfort to me, even though it’s spooky

1 Like

wish they’d make another old stylee survival horror game, surely a massive audience for it

did you play 7? I enjoyed that.

played a couple hours but it wasn’t doing it for me. might finish it at some point.

Yeah, to me it is. I had hopes that they would add more but I’ve had reports from people that have done both betas and I’ve watched all the videos. I finally gave it a whirl and sailing is wicked. Yeah, the free pass is the only way to do it. If I’d paid full price I’d be begging for a refund right now.

Amazing game!

Just wanted another excuse to say this :slight_smile: bionis knee I think it is maybe my favourite area in a jrpg

2 Likes

Should I buy Doom for ps4? It is in the sale for nine quid. I like shooting things in the face but worry it will be too hard. My reflexes aren’t what they used to be. Also is it really dark (literally not figuratively?) don’t lie having to peer at the screen.

• Yeah do it
  • No don’t

0 voters

The standard difficulty level isn’t too tough and it’s largely well lit. And it’s a crap ton of fun too. Just relentless big guitar riffs and pulling the hearts out of demons and making them eat them.