A gaming thread for 2019

just to add some balance, I :heart: FFVIII - I acknowledge its flaws but it’s still my favourite

have barely played anything recently other than Mario Kart 8 online on the Wii U. nearly hit the 8000 mark, so pretty sure I’m due one of those sessions where I get fucked every single race and lose 200 points

I’m on the last chapter and only just found the dating sim bit :smiley: not played much of the arcade stuff yet either, only outrun I think so far

1 Like

I also love FFVIII, although IX is my immortal favourite

where’s the best place to start with Yakuza on PS4? Not sure whether to go for 0, 6, or Kiwami 1 or 2?

Gonna get this when it come out on Switch, looks great!

1 Like

6 is the first I’ve played and it’s the end of the story so probs isn’t an ideal starting point, but they do a decent job of explaining who everyone is and stuff so you’re never lost

1 Like

Godhand was magnificent

1 Like

Enjoying Far Cry 5 quite a lot now - just finished the first bad guy

Really enjoying the changes to the Far Cry play in this one, so much more to do, varied challenges and missions - and good to be killing heaps of white dudes for a change! Sometimes it’s a bit overwhelming how many folks you really should talk to whilst roaming around looking for a good fishing spot. Taking out the final John Seed bunker was really tough as well (for a useless gamer like me anyway) - took me quite a few goes at it

Still definitely got it’s clunky faults, but having a good time nonetheless. I haven’t played any of the Arcade yet, is it worth it??

Is anyone else playing god of war. It’s great

2 Likes

I’ve not played it since it’s freeware flash days years and years ago, and it looks exactly the same.

Oh, shit! Just seen the post below about a Switch version, I’m there.

1 Like

They’ve announced that Sonic Mania Plus will be about £3.99 when it’s released. I do like the physical version, though I suspect that it’ll never actually get played.

I’m picking this up after work! I can’t wait. The first game I’ve bought for my PS4 since I got a Switch.

I know it’s for charity but Humble Bundle need to stop luring me into buy games. Moving in with the lass next month and this year seems to be an exercise in game hoarding before I can’t afford to buy anymore.

Barely started it, but impressed already.

It was sold out everywhere i looked in brighton. Coming today in the post though!

Me before playing God of War
‘There is no way this lives up to the hype’

Me after the first boss in God of War
‘There is no way the hype does this game justice’

5 Likes

My dad’s playing it and it looks so nice. Shit load of cool-looking trees and that.

I reckon if I was blasting a wolverine point blank in the face with an assault rifle in real life, it’d die a lot quicker though

Yeah I think I need this in my life

What about it sets it apart from other button bashy type things?

The direction. Setting and the fact its not really a button bashy game anymore.

Also now ts and a story betwee a man and his BOY!! As opposed to just angry man kills gods. Still does that but there is a more grounded arc. And its beautiful

1 Like