A gaming thread for 2019

Also no cuts or loading screens. Just very clever transistions.

It’s a lot less button bashy than I was expecting. Throwing your weapon seems more effective than melee most of the time. Lots of little puzzles too.
The bosses need some thinking about and button spamming doesn’t work.
Combos are great when you unlock them

I feel like I’ll get it, it won’t be for me, I’ll have known that it wasn’t going to be for me before buying it and I’ll still be disappointed.

JRPG nerds: has anyone played Etrian Odyssey? EOV is half price on the 3DS for the next week and I’m pondering (just downloaded the demo, I’ll see how that goes).

Radiant Historia (recent remaster), 7th Dragon III Code: VFX (no idea) and Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse (:+1:) are also in the sale, for any handheld penoids in the house.

Part of me wants to get it but part of me also knows that DARK SOULS 1 REMASTER! OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! WOOOOOOO! is out in less than a month and I won’t touch anything for months after that so why not wait and get it in a sale in the autumn /winter.

1 Like

That’ll be another one I’ll spend money on knowing full well that it’s not my cup of tea and then be disappointed by.

1 Like

That was me back in the 360 days. I played it. Struggled, hated it. Couldn’t see the fuss and disregarded it.

My ATD implored me to give it another go. I did. I loved it. Never looked back.

Anyone played the Detroit demo? I quite like the mechanics but his games are always superficially impressive. Never much under the hood etc. Always look forward to how bad the voice acting though!

Enjoying Jeremy Davies doing a Jeremy Davies pastiche as the baddy in God of War. All you have to do is wobble a bit and slur your words.

Played a bit of Prey. Seems good. Very Bioshock. might have compared it to System Shock 2 if I’d played that. doesn’t really seem like the design of the ‘immersive sim’ or whatever has changed very much since then - I mean it’s obviously much more refined but it’s still extremely similar

I will be disappointed if it doesn’t go hard into lenghty pomo discussions of mimesis, simulacra, and so on and so forth

The environments in God of War are varied and stunning, the transitions between them are effortless, spectacular and whimsical. So much charm and heart in this game. Think people who didn’t like the original series will easily be swayed by this one, really not the same game at all.

1 Like

Dramatically misread the word pomo and thought your expectations were a bit off

4 Likes

I’m rubbish at these types of games and as with every GoW game I’ve played have started it on too high a difficulty so am getting my arse relentlessly kicked. As is also standard, despite my adult self recognising that a lower difficulty would result in me enjoying the game more, my sulky inner child is ignoring common sense and forcing me to play through with gritted teeth.

Man, I did this and didn’t realise I’d misread it.

Really hope Jurassic World is Good. It’s been a dream since I was a little kid to be a competent John Hammond. Gonna make a t-rexoraptor or a Spinollasaurus I reckon.

Saddest post of the day but idgaf :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This on ps4 store? Gonna have to give it a look methinks.

oh pomo was a typo

(I don’t think my expectations will be met either way though)

Lower
The damned
Difficulty

2 Likes

I know what they mean tho, I’m terrible at rocket league but even if I’m getting merked 10-0 and my team vote to forfeit I refuse to. Honour demands you stay in the game!

1 Like

Tis indeed! It’s pretty short - just one scene, but you get a taste of the flava.

1 Like