A gaming thread for 2019

Have u got astrobot? Thats the first thing u should play. So many fun scenarios and tricks that sells people on vr instantly

Yep. That was the other part of the joint present :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent. Its a joyus experience

Got a PS4 and Spider-Man for Christmas, then went down CEX today and picked up Doom for tuppence. Nice to be back in the current gen again, I made the unwise decision back at the beginning of it all to get an XBONE and couldn’t really be fucked with it after the first couple of months, it was a joint purchase with my brother so I let him take it once we moved separately. Lovely library of exclusives for me to get into, plus a few cross platform games like Nier Automata and Shadow Of Mordor (that and Ori were the only things I enjoyed on the Xbox). Spider-Man and Doom have both really impressed me from about 2 hours of gameplay each, both of them really different to what the Switch offers (yeah I know Doom is on Switch but it’s clearly a lesser experience there). Plan is to burn through as many PS4 games as I can while Mrs is in her current state of being glued to the Switch at all times, then when I want some Nintendo action again just buy Horizon Zeo Dawn which is the sort of game she goes mental for, thus prising her off the Switch.

2 Likes

Launch xbone was legit awful, dont blame u for binning it off

this killed me

3 Likes

Reminds me of this classic

3 Likes

got four ‘play of the games’ in a row in overwatch. as torbjorn. so i main him now.

1 Like

Yeeeessssss. Eat shit heart prick.

1 Like

Had my Xbox one x boneless box thing since Christmas day. So far it seems like a great machine. Enjoyed what time I’ve had with forza horizon 4 and red dead 2 so far. Coming from my switch I was hoping red dead might scratch my open works itch.

Red dead is very cinematic isn’t it? The voice acting is great, glad I turned off the subs. Its a good job its quite slow paced, soo many buttons to choose. So many context sensitive actions. I feel like they could have made it simpler. It duesbt help that I struggle to read the control prompts from where I’m sat and they disappear before I can read them. Still, it’s fun, and I’m eager to press on.

My set up left the bottom right corner of the screen obscured til I shifted things around a bit. Pretty essential. Thought a couple of missions were broken.

1 Like

keep refreshing my podcasts to see if Cane and Rinse’s FF7 episode is out yet

bc it’s nye and my social life is grim

Browsing ps4 and steam stores not finding anything I wanna play. Might just start another game of FFIX and get bored of it after 10 hours as usual.

If you sign up to give them a donation on Patreon, it is FYI.

1 Like

actually, might play maniac mansion.

2 Likes

Play Day of the Tentacle! It’s better.

May not be your bag at all, but I keep thinking about buying Return of the Obre Din - getting a lot of good end of year write ups at the moment.

1 Like

me in the steam store:

7 Likes

still haven’t even played celeste

• don’t bother
  • STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING RIGHT NOW

0 voters

Obre din seems super cool. Giant bomb goty podcasts really sold me on it

1 Like