A gaming thread for 2019

maybe it only works with just the console? i added the Mario Kart 8 bundle to my basket, put in the code and it didn’t like it.

i really shouldn’t get one tbh, but i feel like it’s inevitable that i will, so i should pounce while there’s a decent offer to be had. maybe.

best way to play PS1 games for sure

1 Like

U got it buddy!

Oh, yeah… I don’t think the bundle is part of the deal - only the consoles on their own.

1 Like

It’ll just be the console as the bundle ones are a bit special and have download codes with them most of the time.

I used that code to get the Switch + FIFA + carry case for £259 earlier this week, so it should work with that?

Definitely! It’s a great system to play old RPGs on as you can just put it to sleep and not have to worry about getting to a save point. Think it would have taken me much longer to get through FFVII last year if I hadn’t been able to keep picking it up for the odd 15 minutes here and there.

1 Like

Hey! Everyone! Rime is REALLY good! Seem to remember it got very lukewarm reviews but as a free psn game I have absolutely loved my first hour and a half with it. Gorgeous world that reminds me a bit of Witness but with more straightforward puzzles and more personality. Not sure what the reviewers problems were, this has been bloody great so far.

“Tim demanded this trophy.”

1 Like

Master race. I got a windows tablet recently, it’s got an atom processor in it and 2GB of RAM. What good games on Steam are there that will work with it? Note if they are controller compatible even better. I’ve heard it’ll run lowkey skyrim!

I’ve got some of the classics, FTL, Stardew, Rogue Legacy, Starbound,…and I picked up FM18 Touch this week.

1 Like

Papers Please is amazing on tablet

1 Like

A few pad friendly games that should run pretty easily that I have enjoyed: Hollow Knight (cannot recommend this enough), Binding of Isaac, Hotline Miami, The Swapper, Titan Souls, Devil Daggers, Bastion, Nex Machina.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Ooo yes. I forgot I had this!

Bought this on sale last night (then played Elite for three hours instead).

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a slow burner to begin with but it’s a great game. I’m nearly finished mopping up all the optional bosses now and I don’t want it to end.

I plan on making a return to Elite this weekend. Can’t wait to find out where the hell I left myself.

1 Like

I learned that my 30 hours spent getting my Viper Mk III were rendered utterly redundant by a new player gift of a free Viper Mk IV that’s parked a mere 30 jumps away from my current location.

Guess I’m going to go fetch that this weekend.

1 Like

I got stuck trying to do something after the first 5 mins and haven’t loaded it up again since!!

I’ve started playing GT again. Seems like an update has dialled down the difficulty on some of the tasks (e.g. I was clearly stuck on silver on a few, loaded it back up and got gold straight away). Also got a race/championship mode now which is good.

The game in terms of gameplay/online mode/visuals is amazing, it was just clearly released unfinished and after a month of play I turned it off and haven’t touched it for 3/4 months since then.

also a new Alto’s Adventure game is available to pre-order now on iOS