A gaming thread for 2019

Into the Breach is difficult but incredibly addictive. The way it’s designed - you see where the monsters are going to attack next turn and so have to carefully plan out your own moves so they do the least amount of damage - is really clever. Everything has a crystal clear intuitiveness about it that calls to mind stuff like Spelunky and other simple yet hard-as-nails and endlessly replayable games. I could see it being on my hard drive for a long, long time.

1 Like

might download the Wii shop SNES conversion before they shut down that service

Once I get through the snow, this is my evening. Can’t wait!

I found a similar pattern back in the day. I think I got overconfident and stopped doing the basics in terms of positioning. Normally took a return to sitting a bit more in goal to address the slump, particularly as down in bronze players are more likely to be positionally lacking. The things which work in silver (and later in gold) don’t necessarily translate well if you do have a bad spell and drop down.

so I did the final, FINAL endings of nier automata. that credits mini game is harder than the actual game itself :smiley:

also:

pod 153 so wise :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Bloodborne march ps plus game. Wow

Ratchet and clank too

might give Bloodborne a go, heard it might be OK?

It’s a bit too easy if anything

1 Like
1 Like

That Ratchet and Clank game is superb and I recommend everyone with a PS4 play it.

Haven’t renewed my PS+ sub since I got a Switch, don’t think even Bloodborne is enough to tempt me back tbh.

Na mate, heard it was proper shit.

1 Like

typical Sony churning out shite on PS Plus again #ffs #bringbackknack

today’s mission is to get silent hill 2 running on my win7 PC, preferably in HD. i’ve failed in the past but i’m determined to do it this time. anyone good with a bit of port grease if i come unstuck?

success!

6 Likes

never played those games, seem much too scary for me

1 Like

bit of h4x and got it running in widescreen!!! :smiley:

the first one, despite it’s crappy graphics and terrible controls remains one of the scariest games ever for me. sh2 is much more about storytelling and atmosphere.

I saw that dude with the big pyramid for a head and just NOPE!

2 Likes

Still stuck on the last boss in Metroid Prime 3.

Also saw something about PS5 coming Xmas 2019. If that’s true, I really fucking hope it’s backward compatible with 4. I want access to all these wonderful games and I’ve currently got PS2,3,4, wii, switch and SNES plugged in so I don’t need more hardware without retiring one

Explain how

And can it be replicated without owning a CD copy?