A good place to discuss The Good Place

LIKE parks
DISLIKE B99

Wasn’t hot on this series, kind of gave up on it after six or seven episodes. GF watched the rest of it without me and now I found out that it’s brilliant? FFS!

TBF, if you weren’t feeling it by then, it’s probably not your thing.

2 Likes

yeah - its not the intention but it feels more like “if you put single people together for extended periods of time eventually they will start coupling off”

I agree with you, but you have an objective view. Whereas I am now so invested in a potential romance that I cannot see any faults in the story.

What happens when you think the greatest story ever told is An Officer and a Gentlemen.

Really really enjoyed the first season but lost interest during the second. The jokes just disappeared?

Eleanor/Michael/Janet - good and funny
Tahani - bit ott
Chidi - relate a bit TOO much to all his flaws :smile:
Jason - terrible and not funny at all

Will never not laugh at BOOOOOOOOORTLES!

4 Likes

I like the show but think they can’t keep it going for much longer due to the format.

2 Likes

Who’s seen the new episode yet?

I’ve seen the first half of it, but I decided to divide it into two watches!

Yep, thought it was great, just as consistent as previous episodes (I only caught up with the show recently).

So happy that Adam Scott’s Trevor is back in the mix!

2 Likes

They spoiled his appearance in the credits before he was on screen!

Give me more Maya Rudolph arm flapping please

I always enjoy how they seem to have so many different ideas and angles for this story that they seem to speed through what other shows would linger on maybe for too long. The reintroduction of Adam Scott’s character addressed my wishing that it’d just be more funny, though I wonder what’ll happen when the other characters all have deeper story arcs developing and then Jason is just there chewing live electrical wire because he thinks its lasagne or something equally ludicrously unfunny

1 Like

I’ve never loved it but these last couple have been pure toilet.

Gone rapidly downhill in s3 so far - reckon it might redeem itself tho!

Yeah :confused: not liking this storyline but it looks like they’re about to switch to something else pretty quick

3 Likes

Just started watching this. Took a couple of episodes to get going, but really enjoying it now. Big fan of Janet. Gonna avoid this thread now, as don’t want future spoilers.

Haven’t enjoyed seasons 2 and 3 nearly as much as season 1 but am still watching. Came to the conclusion this morning that Chidi and Eleanor are actually higher beings torturing the bad place, or even trying to get everyone in the bad place to be good so everyone can be in the same place.