A good place to discuss The Good Place

Really enjoyed this episode actually :heart:

• special agent rick justice
  • zack pizzazz
  • professor charles brainman
  • gordon indigo

0 voters

Quite something that they’ve set this series in Australia and not cast any actual Australians. Simone’s accent is profoundly terrible.

1 Like

I think I’ll probably feel about this the way I feel about parks and recreation that being it was ok but I’ll not watch it again.

I am 100% in love with Janet so I will watch this show forever as long as she’s in it.

5 Likes

Proper belly chuckles at ‘Jeremy Bearimy’

4 Likes

“That’s my birthday” :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

Watched the third episode yesterday. Think I have reached my limit with it now.

1 Like

I think the show is still very good. I do hope they know when to end it though and don’t drag it out too long.

2 Likes

I enjoyed Kristen Bell’s visible discomfort at the lizard climbing on her face.

Hope Jason’s penguin comes back.

1 Like

Binge watched the first two series and still put the new episodes on out of habit but i spend more time on my phone than watching it now, seems to have gone the same way as Last Man On Earth did, once the initial premise is exhausted and it becomes about the relationships between the characters it gets boring. Michael and Janet are still great although I really don’t like Maya Rudolph, she plays the same character in everything she’s in so I’m glad she seems to have gone. Needs more demons (Adam Scott especially) and less of the 4 humans I reckon.

That fight scene was absolutely ridiculous. Obviously it’s a goofy show to begin with, but that felt like something out of Austin Powers.

1 Like

Yeah, I really didn’t need it to take up half the episode (or so it seemed)

Oh I laughed a lot, but it still felt a bit out of place.

1 Like

I like this theory, but it would involve all of the flashbacks we’ve seen, and all of the stuff with Eleanor’s family back on Earth, being fake/part of the illusion. Something about that doesn’t gel for me.

1 Like

I got about this far into it and wasn’t feeling it, have picked it back up and am loving it now (up to S2E4). Give it another go @Kallgeese! (although not looking forward to S3 from reading the rest of this thread)

Janet is obviously fab but just wanna register my appreciation for Mindy St Claire, aka my cokehead alter ego. Enjoyed this article: https://www.apex-magazine.com/mindy-st-claire-and-the-male-gaze-or-lack-thereof/

3 Likes

Has this season finished now?

mid season break I think

1 Like

Been renewed for a fourth season.

Which I suspect was fairly unexpected for them as well, as I felt like this latest one (with all the Janets) was a deliberate attempt to build towards a series finale.

3 more to go I think, but not back until January. They split it like this last year as well.

1 Like