A message from the moderating team

Hi gang! As there has been a lot of discussion concerning moderating policies in the last couple of days, the following is a message that all of the @moderators stand behind.

1. We will be removing the “leaders” user group. This way, it will be clearer to everyone who is behind things and who can do what (ie: only actual moderators can moderate). We hope this will help as far as clarity and transparency is concerned.

2. Us moderators do not have a strict set of rules or such, as we feel it’s better to handle things case by case. If one of us sees something that we are unsure of how to handle, we will bring it to the other mods for input so that we can find a solution together.

3. We very much appreciate it when other users flag posts or PM us about anything they find either just a bit off or actually troubling on the boards. This doesn’t only help us catch things that we otherwise may not have seen, but also helps us keep in touch with what the active users of the boards actually sees as worth taking action over. So please, keep doing this!

4. We are also genuinely grateful if people point out when they think we have made a mistake. Please do PM us or post in a thread if you feel we have misjudged something in any way, and we’ll be more than happy to talk through it. However, please do keep in mind that every single discussion or decision cannot be entirely democratic – that would defeat the point of having elected moderators/admins in the first place.

ADDITION: The easiest way to get in touch with the moderators is to either flag a post, or use the @ moderators tag /message @ moderators.

Over to you guys!

Changes to the moderating/admin team
Changes in the moderating/admin team

PS: The current moderators are me, @jazzballet, @wewerewerewolvesonce, @Parsefone, and @imaperv. You can regcognise us by the little symbol next to our usernames, or tag or message @moderators at any time.

Poor @captainricebox. Leader for a day.

Thanks for this @moderators (and @1101010)

Captain. Leader. Legend.

Can I just say how much we appreciate the massively good job you lot do?

This place is so much of a nice place than either dis 1 or the rest of the Internet generally and I think a lot of the credit for that goes to you collectively.

Is it worth adding another mod or two to cover the lack of leaders (no idea how much leaders did in terms of everyday moderation if anything, so feel free to tell me I’m an idiot)

There were so many spanners and pencils I feel liberated

Feel like putting an autoclose on this thread while I still have the chance :frowning:

I’m not sure if it’s actually possible to add more mods. However, I personally (no longer speaking for all of the mods) feel like the confusion around leaders was kind of the same for us as well. Suddenly something would be moved or edited and we wouldn’t really know why and none of us would have done it.

Will you also be removing the ‘Regular’ user group?

https://community.drownedinsound.com/badges/3/regular

IIRC we’re only allowed 5 on the current hosting plan - Sean would need to pay 3 times more each month to get more.

fuck that then aye

no way, I’m proud of that badge

Hi, scuse my ignorance.

What is/was Theo’s role? He seems like a pretty big cheese, but he’s not on the list of moderators

Also, can there be a list of moderators pinned at the top of the boards or something so if i have an issue i can look to see who to contact there?

Ooooh, good call. Will certainly look into it (or changing the category so that whatever benefits that aren’t moderator stuff can stay).

Thanks for all you’ve done. And sorry that my editing / moving has caused grief to people on the occasions that I’ve done so :frowning: was never the intention to annoy anyone.

He is the ADMIN!

Admin, supermod, king of the nerds. Plus actor

Don’t worry about it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: