A Moon Shaped Pool wasn't very good in the end was it?

It wasn’t as expensive if my memory is correct. Agree about the shelf part. But the artwork and newspaper is great. I also think the album works much better with two tracks a side.

yeah, it was £30 and I like the newspaper inserts style of the bits and pieces. the acid tab thing is really nice and the colour on the vinyl cases is glorious

1 Like

well, they only played Trailerpark, but fair enough. it does go on somewhat, which is something that put me off, especially after how astounding Blur was. more recently though, I’ve really enjoyed graham’s input to the atmosphere throughout and struggle to decide which of those two albums i prefer.

Just trailerpark? Yeah I mean that was the one I recalled specifically. It sounded NOTHING like the version live. Very disappointing.

According to Setlist.fm… although they introduced it as South Park, apparently. I guess that’s the thing about songs being played before albums, like Videotape, Identikit or even Kid A, with its old harmonica part.

Oh no, it was one they made and submitted for the South Park movie. Damon explained it had been rejected but they played it and it sounded great.

Obviously when I heard the album I was a bit “well I’d have rejected this version…”

Yay! My shipping email came.

1 Like

Mine too.

2 Likes

Mine is on its way.happily plonked down £60. Fancy packaging aside, it’s a lovely record

The album would be better without BTW btw. Decent enough sone but completely out of keeping with the rest of album.

Stop being wrong.

2 Likes

Present Tense is my favourite Radiohead track since In Rainbows (although it wouldn’t sound out of place on In Rainbows).

There isn’t a bad track on it though. It doesn’t even sound like anything they’ve done before, which is probably the most important criterion. Leagues better than KoL, which I’m guessing we all forgot about this time in 2011. Very forgettable album, whereas this one feels like an integral moment in their oeuvre.

3 Likes

Listen to it starting from track 2. BTW jars a bit compared to the rest. That’s not to say I don’t love BTW, but it is out of place. It might fit better as track five, after Ful Stop, idk

2 Likes

Has anyone listened to Ill (III?) Wind yet?

Present Tense isn’t one of the best on the album lads.

Gonna hear that stuff when it arrives.

I don’t think Burn the Witch is out of place at all, personally. I’d remove track two if anything.

1 Like

it’s brilliant

Not yet - going to wait until it arrives to listen to the extra tracks.

Agree a little. It’s a bit like In Rainbows where the first two don’t sit too well with what follows so they get them out the way. I don’t think Daydreaming stylistically is out of place on the record but it’s in the wrong place for me. But I don’t actually know where it would fit either, it’s an odd one.

I love BTW though, it’s best as track one

1 Like