A Moon Shaped Pool wasn't very good in the end was it?

Probably their 2nd worst album

1 Like

it’s not bad, but it is kind of boring. It ultimately ends up being more likable than enjoyable.

1 Like

i like it a lot better if i skip burn the witch, but yeah there’s some pretty middling stuff on it, and i cba with true love waits at all

1 Like

I think it’s great, but probably around HTTF level more than their best stuff. LOVE some of the tracks, in particular Decks Dark and whatever track 9 is called.

1 Like

Er, yeah , I’ve listened to it quite a bit but can’t really remember any of the tunes (burn the witch excepted).

Burn The Witch is their worst single ever

It’s just not very good at all.

Honestly one of my favourite Radiohead albums.

Always wanted them to do an album filled with strings, so happy it has finally happened. Even the songs I didn’t particularly like at first, like Tinker Tailor have really grown on me.

4 Likes

4th worst. In Rainbows - Ok Computer - Amnesiac - Kid A - The Bends - Moon Shaped Pool - King Of Limbs Hail To the Thief - Pablo Honey

Its quite good but not very memorable. The version of True Love Waits on it is quite frankly stunning and makes the album worthwhile on its own.

To be honest I dont really ever expect Radiohead to make a great album again and it was much better then I was expecting it to be.

Radiohead never really bettered that bit in r+j where leo’s sitting on a dilapidated theatre stage and talk show host is playing

Didn’t even come close

Would be far down my list but it’s grown on me a lot since initially finding it quite boring. Full of great tracks but a bit of a slog in full

Just feels like it’s bookended with two tracks that, while they’re ok on their own merits, just don’t work that well within the context of the rest of the album.

On first listen was expecting it to be up there with In Rainbows, but hasn’t grown on me the way that one did.

Baz has the best soundtracks tbf

wasn’t very good in the beginning, either.

2 Likes

Nor middle for that matter.

1 Like

it’s not bad, but it is kind of boring.

5 Likes

The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops
The raindrops

been listening to this one in the past few days after a 5 days non stop listen upon release and some time of after that rush: it is very good, best than the last one.
I tend to give perspective to albums considering the impact they have on you upon first listen(s): have you checked out the thing upon release? have you been anticipating KidA release back in the day? or did you discover it when it was already charged with critics and praise and loathing and stuff?
A 25 year old “classic” will always hold better than a “just released” one. But if you give some alien with fresh, virgin ears all this albums, from PH to MSP, what would he/she/it think?
IMHO this last one is better than (at least) 5 previous radiohead albums.
time will tell…

It’s very good. It’s my favourite album released this year.

2 Likes

I reckon it’s quite good. There’s less Radiohead album dross on it than there has been on the last few albums (desert island disk and the numbers should only be b-sides really). Solid 7/10 album, maybe just an 8.

Radiohead.

1 Like