A new MTftSB quiz type of thing

The idea is that what you’ll do is rename a band with the naming convention of “The Dave Matthews Band” but for a person who is actually in that band so for example Snow Patrol would be “The Gary Lightbody Band” and then you do a poll where you say “I know this band even though they have been renamed” or “I don’t know this band because they have been renamed”

You can all try at least one of these I’d have thought.

Hi Ant, MTV on the phone. Yeah, for you.

1 Like

Lovely idea.

The Dave Grohl Band

• I know this band even though they have been renamed
  • I don’t know this band because they have been renamed

0 voters

IGNORE

1 Like

lol realised just in time lol

I went to TRL once because there were rumours Kanye would be the guest but it ended up being whoever had been booted out of Pop Idol that week.

The Dave Matthews Band

• What?
  • Maybe he means a different Dave Matthews

0 voters

how’d you come to settle on snow patrol for your example, out of interest?

1 Like

The Cerys Matthews Band

• I know this band even though they’ve been renamed
  • I don’t know this band because they’ve been renamed

0 voters

The reasons are threefold:

1 - It is an example of a band where I would be confident that most people would know who the person is and what he was called but who is by no means a household name which is the level of person I am looking for really.

2 - He was on my Twitter feed this week as he attended a Man United training session in the States so he was probably sub-consciously in my mind as a result

3 - When I was a younger man working in a bookshop, newsagents and stationers, I had to photocopy and fax his passport somewhere ahead of him playing Live 8 so I can be 100% certain that this is actually his name which may not be the case for other musicians.

Thanks for your question, I hope this was helpful.

3 Likes

The squidpan band

• squidpan!
  • squidpan?

0 voters

1 Like

thank you for your thorough response. I now completely understand your reasoning and fully support the decision you made

1 Like

The Paul McCartney Band

• I didn’t mean them, I meant the other band who have also been renamed

0 voters

They’re only the band who have been renamed who the other band who have been renamed could have been

3 Likes

Wait, I know this one - is it Vanessa & The O’s?

1 Like

The Rick Danko Band

• The Band
  • Renamed

0 voters

If you’d gone with the Phil Selway bad you could have added that layer of irony that Phil Selway looks like a Billy Corgan look-a-like.

1 Like

The Paul Hewson Band

0 voters