A New Running Thread for 2017

Haven’t gone for the linked one, got a cheaper one from their sale innit :thumbsup:

1 Like

Cheers! I’ll do some shaking about next time.

I am going to try running outside again this week. My main problem with running outside in the cold is my ears hurt. Gotta get me buff on.

Same. Definitely some uncomfortable jiggling on the anti-gravity treadmill this morning as it took off less and less of my weight.

Also I had a go on an anti-gravity treadmill this morning.

i’ve got a couple of reflective winderbreaker type things which work well, i don’t get too hot and then have stopped me getting run over so far

also really getting into running tights. big fan of these in the cold

Do they not make it really uncomfortable for your dick and balls?

I think it could be one of three things:

I’m assuming that as you’re running on a treadmill, you’re not running outside and cold. However when running, the body does tend to withdraw blood from non-essential organs (it’s why your stomach gets cold when exercising), so that could cause it. It usually takes about 20 minutes for this to happen though.

I get tingly hands if I hyperventilate (sometimes happens when I have a migraine). Could be that it’s something like that.

Do you have any posture issues with your shoulders when you run? It might be because of a tightness or trapped nerves maybe?

half mara booked in May (A few years ago I trained for the edinburgh marathon but heavily sprained my ankle 4 weeks prior so had to pull out (unlike yer da) so I’ve run over half mara distances before but this is my first actual race and I’m well out of shape.

Gonna do a light run tonight and hopefully a parkrun on Sat.

1 Like

Was about to get all excited then realised you haven’t lived in Sheffield for ages so I’m guessing you won’t be doing the same parkrun as me.

EDIT: What half are you doing?

Sadly not - used to do the Hillsborough one (lived a 5 iron away from the start line) which is actually quite tough with 3 laps involving a reasonable climb from the bottom to top of the park.

Yeah I do the Hillsborough one quite a bit, it’s a slower route than Endcliffe but much less busy (Endcliffe’s normally c. 600 people) so you can attack it a little bit more if you’re running for a time. I live bang in the middle of the two (bottom of Netherthorpe Road) so it’s a 4km jog to either from mine

1 Like

Great Manchester Run. Route isn’t thrilling - it goes from City centre out to the etihad and back, and then out to old trafford and back.

no! they are MEN’S tights!

Thought I’d join the Strava group as tonight will be the first run of 2017.

The plan this year is to run a marathon and try to improve my time (4:41:00) and do a few half marathons (again, try to improve on 1:58:32). Haven’t done much proper running since the Brighton marathon in April(?) last year, so I’m pretty out of shape/condition and I’ve mistimed the start of my training so I’ll probably be doing events in late spring / summer :cold_sweat:

Got to (re)start sometime I spose!

Is there like a cock and balls pouch or something in them?

kind of - they have taken it into account anyway

My running tights are very comfortable, I’m going to buy a second pair on my lunchbreak today

1 Like

for business or leisure?

My plan to lure you back to sheffield with the thought of me in tights and a bumbag running loops of Hillsborough park is working a treat

1 Like

Turns out none of this is covered by my BUPA, so I’m going to have a crack at making my own out of toilet roll tubes and PVA glue.

first run in 6 months. 3 mile in 30 mins. so so unfit!