A New Running Thread for 2017

I don’t think you can, but you can mark it so that it’s not taken into account for segments/records - can’t remember how mind.

If you’re just using Strava (rather than another app that uploads to Strava), then no, I don’t think you can.

Your best bet might be to delete it and then add it in manually. That doesn’t help with the heatmaps thing though.

Cheers, will look into this!

you need to login to the website, go to “my activites” and select the run where the data was unreliable - select the spanner icon and then flag it for “bad gps data”. it won’t remove the activity but it means it doesn’t count towards personal bests or segment records etc…

3 Likes

I’m looking for a half marathon to try in late September/early October - does anyone here have any favourites or recommendations? Considering both Manchester and Oxford thus far. It’s only my second half so not looking for anything too hilly/challenging and would like to do a proper 13.1 mile course rather than laps. Anything I can get back to that London via train/coach from would be good. Thanks!

Ealing. I’ve run it the past two years (and am doing it again this year) and it’s a lovely and well-organised event:

http://www.ealinghalfmarathon.com/

1 Like

Great Eastern Run? It’s in Peterborough so flat as fuck (I’m told), giving it some serious consideration as a home town run of sorts and so I can continue with not running the same half again.

http://www.perkinsgreateasternrun.co.uk/

Should be a piece of piss to get back to London.

I’m also doing Ealing! Do Ealing!

Just did 1.5 miles on the treadmill. I regret letting things slide again :frowning:

Anyone got any tips for a pair of shorts with a pocket big enough, preferably at the rear, for a large smartphone? For @plasticmike’s benefit, not mine.

Tell him to get a bumbag. Obviously look a bit silly but can take phone keys money and gels easily

1 Like

This. I recommend this one

Hello friends.

I’m two weeks out from an urban trail ultra, covering all the hills around Wellington. Goes through farms, along the beach, around walking and cycling tracks, past the zoo, all sorts. I’m feeling mostly ready but really just want to improve on my 9:59 time last year. Is anyone else training for anything at the moment?

Also, looking for recommendations for really long, drony, post-rock or electionica tunes; especially stuff that doesn’t vary much in tempo: Examples that work: I Feel Love, Krautrock, some Mogwai or GY!BE, Blue Monday maybe, The Field.

^this

I recommend this one, if he wants something that’ll hold bottles of water too:

Looking forward to getting to know these lovely shoes over the next few months. In the mean time, my quads are killing me.

Brooks? Which model?

Look like adrenaline gts 17s to me. Got a pair for Christmas but have had loads of niggling injuries since, hopefully the two things aren’t related.

Spot on. They’re my 7th pair of Adrenalines.

2 x GTS7 (both red)
1 x GTS10 (blue)
2 x GTS11 (one red, one yellow)
1 x GTS15 (blue/green)
and now these GTS17s.

I’ve still got about 250 miles in the yellow GTS11s (they’re my home running shoes and so get used less than the others) and probably another 50-100 in the GTS15s (my work ones), which means I need to start breaking in a new pair from the office in the near future.

Oh, and take care if you suspect your shoes; I once bought a pair of Saucony Omni 3s. Only managed about 150 miles in them before I had to ditch as I was getting knee problems with them.

I’ve got some Saucony Guide 9s as back up have had three previous models of the same shoe. Think I overdue it and my calf went in February and recovery has been taking longer than expected with other bits going probably due to over compensating. The Brooks reduced my overpronation more than any other shoe. Easier to blame the shoe than take responsibility for myself.

Fair enough - in retrospect my issue with the Omnis was fit rather than anything else - it was a good shoe, just not for me. Same reason I’ve never been able to get on board with Asics’ shoes. Whenever I try one it feels awkward before I even start walking in it.