A New Running Thread for 2017

I won’t be! I’m back in Lancaster then Marathon the day after. Sure you’ll be able to get under anyway.

Chip time came in and it was a 19:26 5k. 28th overall out of 718 runners… not bad that :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This does my head in too! Haven’t been running that well lately, managed 21:05 today which was 44th out of 275 so I’m reasonably happy

1 Like

This is scary!

Knee’s been aching a bit this week, so figured it was wise to lay off for a bit. Reckon I might have a go tomorrow morning though. What’s the worst that can happen? (Crippling myself for life, maybe)

Just done my 20 mile run…two weeks until Amsterdam marathon. I’d stopped drinking for six months before my last marathon whereas now I’m drinking loads, I can definitely feel the difference, I’m full of regret for not looking after myself better.

I don’t go to Maidstone anymore, too busy! I’m scared of falling in the river.

1 Like

Ha! It can get silly at times. We sometimes do Leybourne or the Great Lines, but Maidstone feels like home

I see on the Strava group that while it wasn’t quite a pb, it was still an awesome time.

Great stuff!

1 Like

Thanks very much!

London Marathon ballot results have been arrivingtoday, anyone in?

Forgot to update my address so it’ll have been sent to my old flat so, dunno…

I’m in the ballot but nothing through the postbox today…

Marathon on Sunday. Everyone in the office seems to have a cold. Might just book the week off.

I’m in the ballot but haven’t heard anything yet

Keep getting stupid little injuries that stop me from running for a week or so, so it’s hard to build up momentum. Should probably just stop playing football cos that’s normally when they happen, but I enjoy it too much. Currently it’s a sprained right ankle… anyone have any personal experience on how long they normally take to properly heal? I’ve run and played football on it a couple of times since I did it and it was tolerable but a bit sore.

On the plus side, I properly SMASHED the tower block challenge at work, which involves running up the stairs from floor -1 to floor 8. 47 seconds, losers.

Nothing yet.

Nothing when I got home either. Two people I know had there rejection wear through the post. Let’s see what tomorrow has to offer.

Both my girlfriend and I got ‘Sorry’ magazines.

Might try for Brighton instead, I dunno.