A New Running Thread for 2018

This is my routine, only mine’s worse:
run, cool down at desk while eating lunch, THEN shower. Lucky no-one sits toooo close to me.

I’ve got a lovely harbour-side route, but can’t run at the moment because we’re in a new building that is still under construction and don’t have showers yet. IRKED.

Hugely irksome

Did anyone else read this? So much to identify with!

Woah. One for @crisps

That’s ridiculous

“Morning run” https://www.strava.com/activities/1690134887

Beyond incredible. Hardly anyone’s got near Billy B’s long-standing record and he’s absolutely smashed it. Could see this never being broken.

In related incredibleness, I supported a few Germans on a BG leg recently and one of them was a serious ultra runner. He holds the record for a 200 mile (TWO HUNDRED MILES) race in 46h something. As in he ran 200 miles in less than 48 hours. Hard to understand how that is possible.

Woah:

Yep. Slightly contro for some though as she didn’t do 2 ‘rounds’ (did half, turned round and did a full round, turned back and did another half) and it wasn’t within 48hrs. Seems a bit mean spirited as the whole undertaking is an absolute sufferfest, especially in super hot conditions.

Not quite on the same level as the previous two examples, but I’ve got my trail ultra tomorrow. 630am start my time (730pm UK I think). My PB for the course is 10 hours flat, so just hoping to beat that. Good thoughts being sent my way would be appreciated.

Woah. Very best of luck. And enjoy it, if such a thing is possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. It will be fun for a while, probably not fun by the end. I’ll know some of the volunteers and marshalls, which will be nice. Plus I know 7-8 of the entrants to speak to, so the first half will be chatty and matey and the second half will be wanting to die :D.

Good luck @infinite_jest, that sounds utterly bonkers to me

I like the reward for beating the course record.

Flogged yourself to bits beating the course record? Do it again every year for the rest of your life!

Made it! Few dodgy moments - was getting a lot of nausea about 2/3 in, but managed to get past it - might have been because it was quite sunny (I’m a bit sunburned).

Really happy how I managed it, started very slow rather than busting myself out by halfway like I did last time. Meant I made really good time on the second half, and actually finished by running up hills. I finished in a slightly irksome 10:00:21 - 21 seconds over ten hours. If I hadn’t got confused near the end and doubled back thinking I was on the wrong course, I would have beaten my best time.

Came home, ate fish and chips, drank beer, had bath. About to fall into bed.

:open_mouth: Incredible stuff, mate.