A New Running Thread for 2021, but early

Congrats!

3 Likes

Got a race on Saturday, which will be odd/good. Fairly small field with a couple of people starting every minute for just over an hour. I’m off fairly late so hoping it’ll be a nice little incentive to have others to catch up. Weather forecast is basically mid-winter.

I got an email yesterday saying that junior parkrun is going to be restarting soon. I wonder if Jimbo will make it round the whole course without giving up now that he’s a year older than last time he did it?

I’m signed up for the Manchester marathon so will be getting on the bloody ales with @tuna and the rest of the dis manc marathon gang after

2 Likes

reckon you’ll be 3 pints deep by the time I finish

I’ll be 3 pints deep by the time I finish. Decant some craft into a lucozade bottle

1 Like

Got my 10k PB down by about 3 minutes to 55:32 on Sunday - 14 odd laps of Emirates Stadium wasn’t the most interesting route but it’s the only vaguely flat, traffic free space nearby!

4 Likes

Do you think it’ll happen? It’s my first ever one, if it goes ahead.

I’d be pretty confident it will go ahead. It’s outdoors and it’s October. So almost 4 months after things should be opening up. Good luck

1 Like

No way I’m entering but I’ll give you cold ones on the route and drink some beers after

1 Like

Oooh might take the Monday off work and have a big Sunday sesh

2 Likes

Just knocked up a running plan to hopefully take part in the Olympic Park 10K on July 3rd. Currently down at 4 runs a week but might take it down to 3 and add an additional rest day as I am so injury prone.

Feeling really positive about it even though it’s at least a 50/50 that I’ll be injured at the time. Been really enjoying getting back in to form the last month.