a question for people who have gone running

do you give a little nod, or thumbs up to other runners who cross paths with you going the other way?

• yes
  • no, fuck them!
0 voters

if you were to receive a little nod, smile or thumbs up you would think:

• what a creep
  • ok mate chill out
  • what a nice gesture now I will enjoy my day a little bit more
0 voters

I think I nodded in 2010 when I last went running cant really remember

1 Like

if im exercising people should act towards me as though i am invisible.

except dont walk into me

3 Likes

one guy gave me a thumbs up once and I felt like I had a superpower for the next half an hour or so…thumb man!

Then afterwards I thought I should break out of my comfort zone and give other runners a thumbs up. I’d say it had about a 50% chance of being acknowlegded. Some people looked panicked

1 Like

What are you running from?

3 Likes

the egde of the lakes to the other side and back again usually

2 Likes

One time a guy smiled, nodded and did the crossed arms hammers sign that West Ham fans do at @wasted when he was running in a West Ham shirt and he came home really happy and excited about it

7 Likes

yeah that rules! aww I bet that made his day, bless his little west ham socks

1 Like

Through you surely?

The more populated the area, the less likely people acknowledge you as they run past. It’s weird.

1 Like

‘Are they after you too ha ha!’ and a thumbs up

2 Likes

true when you’re not running also

1 Like

I had this situation a couple of evenings ago and wondered the same thing. I decided to set my stall out early and looked at the ground without making eye contact.

1 Like

im not actually decorporealising, im just shy

1 Like

I have shouted “IRONS” out of my car window at a man running in a West Ham shirt and he did the crossed arms hammers sign. I was happy and excited about it, I think he was too.

5 Likes

It can be a lifesaving technique! In case anything happens to you, people are more likely to remember the friendly runner who said hi

1 Like

There was a traffic warden I saw about 4 times near where I used to live who insisted on a high five as I ran past him.

1 Like

One of my hard life rules is never run so I have answered for when I go for a walk

4 Likes